• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

One of those days

Oot

Quite Addicted
😭 Well had a free week so went out everyday this week.... Used my meths stove, bcb cook kit and my highlander gas fastboil thingy..... So old school today firebox, canvas tarp. Swiss army rucksack and my German army kip mat...... Anyway got fire going in rain.... Note to Paul gizmo.... Its easy when you take dry firewood oot the shed😁..... Cooked up an all day breakfast and got the brew on, added what I thought was powdered milk satchel to tea... It was a sachet of coffee.... So stood up in disgust to spit oot brew and in doing so kicked my kip mat on firebox.... And that was after forgetting bungee cords and pegs and spare paracord which was in other jacket 🙄......
IMG_20191101_134040.jpg
IMG_20191101_134208.jpg
IMG_20191101_134125.jpg

Forgot the glasses again eghh? :whistle:
We all get them days Forest.....nothing goes right.

Your face says it all in the picture......but is beaten hands down by the Dug's face.....total disgust :rofl::thumbsup:

'dry firewood oot the shed' hehe
I must admit that I still struggled yesterday on a sunny afternoon since all the dead standing was still soggy and I failed (yet again) to take the time to prep it properly before trying to start it. It was only after I made some feathersticks after the 2nd burnout that I got it sustainable.
Glad you got out, maybe make a tick-list mate? Our old brains aren't too good at remembering everything. :D
Looks a bit dreich there. Kilpatrick hills?

Back