• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Onelesscharlie custom sound moderator.

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
I've been waiting with bated breath for this little beauty to arrive, the hand crafted stainless steel and alloy mod's build quality makes Parker Hale or SAK look sloppy by comparison. It's a little heavier than the all alloy SAK but it's smaller diameter and shorter length mean that it doesn't even feel like it's there on the end of your barrel.
It's a pleasure to use and so easy to strip and clean it's unbelievable. Often favourably compared to a Wildcat moderator for performance Onelesscharlie sound moderators also seem inexpensive.
Whether you're using air rifles, rimfire or centre fire rifles you need to try these moderators, Colin, who makes them has the skills to manufacture a mod to pretty much any specification.
Based in Powys, mid Wales this is a high quality British made product.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
This next image shows the onelesscharlie top, Parker Hale middle and SAK at the bottom. The Parker Hale is the same diameter as the varmint barrel of a CZ .22 rimfire, the onelesscharlie is only 2.5 mm larger diameter but much shorter while the lightweight SAK is like a big fat lump on the barrel
Of the three moderators the onelesscharlie is by far the quietest, I just wish I could be a bit more scientific about it because it would be nice to quantify for you just how quiet this moderator is.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Bumping this for the attention of some of the AGU guys.
When you strip it down you find an expansion chamber and a series of baffles and spacers, all machined from stainless. The muzzle mounted design is a bit old school compared to some of the newer reflex mods that shroud the rifle barrel but it is proven to work.

Back