• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Onetegris Backwoods Bungalow 2

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Camping under a tarp shelter offers a lot of freedom and a more open aspect.
Its a quick and easy shelter and lightweight.....packable.
But there are times when a little more cover and security are welcome.......especially in swirling winds and rain......of which we get plenty of.
A place that is relatively draught free and snug that protects from a cold wind.

Summer camping this shelter offers protection from the dreaded bugs flies etc by including a nice zippered mesh screen......something you don't have with a tarp.....unless free standing.
Plenty of room inside for you and your kit......and dog :)
Easy pitch and take down......packs away small.....and is lightweight.
Shame it does not come with a footprint to keep everything clean....and more importantly protect the ground sheet......but this could be made and added easily.

Not a bad shelter in all for an overnighter or two........its nice that the reviewer points out the improvements that have been made.
Only weighs about 3 pounds....... I think.

onetigris backwoods bungalow

Camping under a tarp shelter offers a lot of freedom and a more open aspect.
Its a quick and easy shelter and lightweight.....packable.
But there are times when a little more cover and security are welcome.......especially in swirling winds and rain......of which we get plenty of.
A place that is relatively draught free and snug that protects from a cold wind.

Summer camping this shelter offers protection from the dreaded bugs flies etc by including a nice zippered mesh screen......something you don't have with a tarp.....unless free standing.
Plenty of room inside for you and your kit......and dog :)
Easy pitch and take down......packs away small.....and is lightweight.
Shame it does not come with a footprint to keep everything clean....and more importantly protect the ground sheet......but this could be made and added easily.

Not a bad shelter in all for an overnighter or two........its nice that the reviewer points out the improvements that have been made.
Only weighs about 3 pounds....... I think.

onetigris backwoods bungalow

That's a nice find Bill, something that even I could carry around. You could easily stitch in a piece of tarp as a foot print

A bit like the old "Baker Tent" style Joe.........not a bad price for what it is..... and offers to a potential user.
Yes an old tarp piece would be ok for a footprint......or use one doubled up beneath.
I think they also come with a complimentary reinforced foil blanket as well as a repair kit.

Be good around that Carp pond mate ;)

A bit like the old "Baker Tent" style Joe.........not a bad price for what it is..... and offers to a potential user.
Yes an old tarp piece would be ok for a footprint......or use one doubled up beneath.
I think they also come with a complimentary reinforced foil blanket as well as a repair kit.

Yes from what I read the foil blanket is included in the deal. Definitely a thought for fishing

*NO I DO NOT NEED MORE ON MY SHOPPING LIST !!!*

Looks like a cracking little tent/tarp/shelter. As you said we do get sky water here often, so having something like that with a foot print would be good to use for woodcarving cooking up, hide the dog (she does like the comfort of a tent :) ) and the odd overnighter

aye bill,well done o_O am even more indecisive about what am buying now:rofl:

Nice find :thumbsup: quickly watched the video but I will have a good look after work....looks spot on tho:D

That set up is just about perfect for me. I often use a tarp with a mesh "A" net under it in the summer, now this rig means an 'all in one' is available as an easy option.
"Dear Santa, I have been a very good boy ....." :D

@Bam

You could cook a nice breakfast under there Bam........IF you had one 🤭 :rofl:

S'not funny....

giphy.gif

Back