• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Onetegris Backwoods Bungalow 2

I also have the OneTigris bungalow and have been reasonably pleased with it's performance for a relatively low cost tent. When looking at "hot tents" I came across an article by an American outdoors chap who claims to be the designer/originator. He was very critical of One Tigris claiming they had not supported him and had reduced the quality. Can't remember his name but will try to find a link.

I also have the OneTigris bungalow and have been reasonably pleased with it's performance for a relatively low cost tent. When looking at "hot tents" I came across an article by an American outdoors chap who claims to be the designer/originator. He was very critical of One Tigris claiming they had not supported him and had reduced the quality. Can't remember his name but will try to find a link.
Yes, I saw that too somewhere/when...........

Are you thinking of the falling out between One Tigris and the Canadian You Tube poster called Lone Wolf 902? I understand he laid claim to designing a ( Winter? )tent of some description which One Tigris started selling without mentioning his name...or something of a similar disagreement.

Are you thinking of the falling out between One Tigris and the Canadian You Tube poster called Lone Wolf 902? I understand he laid claim to designing a ( Winter? )tent of some description which One Tigris started selling without mentioning his name...or something of a similar disagreement.
That sounds like the one I saw Sax. Could be just sour grapes.

There were some serious design flaws in the original iron wall mk1 which were corrected in the mk2...it's important to bear in mind that any new product goes through a period of development and improvement

Development and improvement should be expected I suppose.

It is hard to swallow though after you put your faith in a product and splash out your hard earned cash.....to end up with a non serviceable and faulty bit of kit.

The important thing is.....how these companies look after and manage problems and issues that customers experience during the Development and improvements stages.

It will be interesting to see how @Forest wanders gets on with his complaint....... and how the company reacts to him.

I hope he keeps us informed.

Well folks got reply from customer service at onetigris...after sending image of the problem.... there advice....don't over tension.... and repair or find a tailor to mend,so suppose being a complete novice and never pitched a tent or tarp before it's my fault seems to be there conclusion and not a manufacturing fault...well that's the last onetigris product purchase ...was going to buy the tangram...but not now...back to my auld french army bombproof tent or try similar tents.

Interesting....as per 1Shot's comment above......I trust they (OneTigris) got a copy of this, just for PR, or your experience went on Google reviews or Trustpilot?

Well folks got reply from customer service at onetigris...after sending image of the problem.... there advice....don't over tension.... and repair or find a tailor to mend,so suppose being a complete novice and never pitched a tent or tarp before it's my fault seems to be there conclusion and not a manufacturing fault...well that's the last onetigris product purchase ...was going to buy the tangram...but not now...back to my auld french army bombproof tent or try similar tents.
Definitely time to send onetigris a link to this conversation and post some reviews of their customer care elsewhere.

Hi @Forest wanders

Well......I was not expecting that kind of response from "One Tigris" re the Bungalow 2 shelter......how disappointing.
The very least they could do was ask you to send the Bungalow back to them for inspection to check over the stitching and make an advised assessment first hand.
You would do well to request that to happen Ricky.
This is a non stress point on the shelter...... so saying do not over tension is a cop out.
Did you explain that you are an experienced camper and tent/shelter user with years of experience.......not some young amateur with little respect for his kit!!

How long have you had the shelter Ricky.....how many trips out with it?

I too was looking at buying the Iron wall MK 2 but after seeing and reading this.....I don't think I will bother.
Other members here who have shown an interest in the "One Tigris Bungalow 2" will be far less inclined to purchase now.

Shame.....because it is a very versatile and lightweight shelter.

Last edited:
Chris zhang was the one who communicated from onetigris...did mention the forum but to no avail....anyway here's some pics posted before of the over tensioned tent
20210219_121055.jpg
20200912_131524.jpg

Back