• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Onetegris Backwoods Bungalow 2

@lol

If you are thinking of something being custom made from poly cotton.........try here mate :xmas-smilie:

Be interesting to see what they come up with......and even if they could make the shelter a tad bigger with a more heavy duty bathtub groundsheet :)

Think it was these people I had my Whelen shelter made by.

Good luck.....and let us know how you get on with it.

I was looking/dribbling at the mini baker tent...oh my.....but I must be as Wildwood1965...….. (pi**ed off) :rofl:

If I had the cash I would be looking at these:

But I don't & I will have to be content with drooling at them from a distance ! :D

Ay Caramba !!!!!!

Look smart but that's a lot of money. And weight.

Sorted out some spare sectional tent poles the other day....... and will be using them for the overhead porch height adjustment :thumbsup:
Going to make up a Ridgeline with Prussic knot loops for if I fancy hanging it between trees instead of using the walking poles.

Roll on January :D:thumbsup:

Sorted out some spare sectional tent poles the other day....... and will be using them for the overhead porch height adjustment :thumbsup:
Going to make up a Ridgeline with Prussic knot loops for if I fancy hanging it between trees instead of using the walking poles.

Roll on January :D:thumbsup:

January isn’t that far away buddy:thumbsup:

My one arrived today...... Got drowned in condensation last night in my wee robens..... Think the dog with his heavy breathing and farting is to blame 🐕..... So maybe this will be better 🤔

Hi Forest.

Excellent news mate......... look forward to your thoughts :xmas-smilie:
Maybe sleep your mate at the back near the FART vent......feed him/her "Devon Violets" for a few days before a trip :xmas-biggrin:

Plenty of pictures please :thumbsup:

Mine has arrived. Looks good. Not had time to put it up yet and it's a bit wet outside. First impressions are that it's well made and quite light. 3lb 2oz.
IMG_20191212_224754_BURST001_COVER.jpg
IMG_20191212_224908.jpg

Had my one oot today...... Don't know if I like it or not🤔...... Easy enough to set up, but struggled getting it taught enough.... Plenty of room inside, time will tell if the mesh is fine enough for the dreaded midge, also lightweight but whether it stands the riggers of hard forest use time will tell as it seems a bit flimsey.... French army f2 nylon tent and tarp is cheaper option and more solidly constructed...... Anyway maybe being a bit harsh.... Time will tell👍
IMG_20191222_115116.jpg
IMG_20191222_115136.jpg
IMG_20191222_132855.jpg
IMG_20191222_132917.jpg
IMG_20191222_114811.jpg

Hi Forest :xmas-smilie:

Nice to see you and your mates out and about...... and testing new kit.

Would you say that the slack was due to uneven ground mate?
What are your thoughts regarding the ground sheet material?
Going to make up a ridge line for mine "IF" Santa brings it :whistle::rofl:
The beak looks like it offers plenty of cover.

Nice mate.....thanks for the pictures and comments:thumbsup:

Back