• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Onetegris Backwoods Bungalow 2

The ground sheet seems a bit thin..... The ground was fairly even but had a groundsheet down just in case..... The cover is great....
And the dogs loved bouncing of the mesh after I zipped it up 🙄😁... As I say forest and woodland tent as it may take off on a hillside 🌬️🌪️⛄

Had my one oot today...... Don't know if I like it or not🤔...... Easy enough to set up, but struggled getting it taught enough.... Plenty of room inside, time will tell if the mesh is fine enough for the dreaded midge, also lightweight but whether it stands the riggers of hard forest use time will tell as it seems a bit flimsey.... French army f2 nylon tent and tarp is cheaper option and more solidly constructed...... Anyway maybe being a bit harsh.... Time will tell👍View attachment 19971View attachment 19972View attachment 19973View attachment 19974View attachment 19975

Thanks for the review mate, that's a braw looking wood you and your homies are hanging in, some BIG trees. That's 2 good results for you this weekend. 👍

The ground sheet seems a bit thin..... The ground was fairly even but had a groundsheet down just in case..... The cover is great....
And the dogs loved bouncing of the mesh after I zipped it up 🙄😁... As I say forest and woodland tent as it may take off on a hillside 🌬🌪⛄

"May take off on a hillside" :rofl: :thumbsup:

Yep....I don't think I would trust it in exposed locations either....not designed for that at all.
Only a 3 season shelter at best in reality.

Takes me back to an event on one of the Scotland trips.......one of the lads lost his Carp Shelter to the high winds (total wipe out)......sat up on his camp bed stunned and looking around at the sky....we were still finding bits the following day :rofl::rofl:

Of course we were very sympathetic :sneaky::whistle::rofl:

I’ve never seen a Onetigris tent in the flesh but some of the reviews I’ve seen seem to suggest they are not the most robust built ? What do people think ?

I’ve never seen a Onetigris tent in the flesh but some of the reviews I’ve seen seem to suggest they are not the most robust built ? What do people think ?

Most of the bad press relating to the shelter was down to the MK1 version mate.
They did not have it right....design wise......and quality control was not good.

The Version 2 looks to be better in both respects.

In my O.P the video points out all the failures and changes that have been made to the shelter.....worth watching mate :thumbsup:

Most of the bad press relating to the shelter was down to the MK1 version mate.
They did not have it right....design wise......and quality control was not good.

The Version 2 looks to be better in both respects.

In my O.P the video points out all the failures and changes that have been made to the shelter.....worth watching mate :thumbsup:

….....especially if you're hungry...…………..

Ordered up some 550 para cord to replace the existing guy lines on the Bungalow 2.....and enough to make a Ridgeline and Prussic loops.
Should be here next week :)
Feeling confident that the shelter will stand up to some reasonably rough weather......bearing in mind it is not a 4 season shelter.... I still think it would be fine in some winter conditions.
Using a Ridgeline can only improve on the stability of the set up and the added shelter from a woodland will help.

The main reasons for buying this was its lightweight....easy to erect.......packs well.....and offers so much more shelter than a tarp on its own.
Looking forward to getting some carving done while using it:thumbsup:

Getting the hang of the GoPro so will try and get some footage in windy conditions out on open ground.......see what this thing can cope with :D

Only doubts about the shelter seem to be using it in the snow mate......because of the rear venting being so low down.
Maybe another Mod for a possible MK3.......move the rear vent up a foot :D

If not using it as a main shelter but just a hide away and kit stowage....cooking area.....should be ideal and fine........ keep the winds off too .....more protection than just a tarp:thumbsup:

A would go with what bill is suggesting Matt.... as an admin area...am also waiting on the views of this, might buy one myself. But I wouldn’t count on it for my main shelter for the trip this way.... saying that the weather here is like a bad summer day...so we could end up with no snow :lol: just my thoughts buddy:thumbsup: oh aye.... just buy it Matt:rofl:

A would go with what bill is suggesting Matt.... as an admin area...am also waiting on the views of this, might buy one myself. But I wouldn’t count on it for my main shelter for the trip this way.... saying that the weather here is like a bad summer day...so we could end up with no snow :lol: just my thoughts buddy:thumbsup: oh aye.... just buy it Matt:rofl:

we will have snow where we are going mate ...just may not be snow in Galloway :thumbsup:

Well the 550 Paracord turned up.

Managed to grab a couple of hours yesterday while my lot were out shopping and visiting friends.
Unravelled the shelter from its bag and set about changing all of the guy lines......replacing what was there with the 550 cord.
Also made the ridge line up and added a Gator clip to one end and a "Nite Ize Figure 9" further up the line.....recommend them :thumbsup:
Two Prusik knot loops in the middle of the ridge line mean I can move the shelter left or right along the ridge line if I need too.
I have made up the ridge line to measure about 25/30ft long so it should cope with some large trees that maybe spread apart.
I like having the extra length on the ridge line as it also gives the option of drying.......kit airing lines..... coming off of your anchor trees.

Got a damaged paw at the moment so progress was slow......but achieved.
Hoping to get out and try to get some footage next week.

Well the 550 Paracord turned up.

Managed to grab a couple of hours yesterday while my lot were out shopping and visiting friends.
Unravelled the shelter from its bag and set about changing all of the guy lines......replacing what was there with the 550 cord.
Also made the ridge line up and added a Gator clip to one end and a "Nite Ize Figure 9" further up the line.....recommend them :thumbsup:
Two Prusik knot loops in the middle of the ridge line mean I can move the shelter left or right along the ridge line if I need too.
I have made up the ridge line to measure about 25/30ft long so it should cope with some large trees that maybe spread apart.
I like having the extra length on the ridge line as it also gives the option of drying.......kit airing lines..... coming off of your anchor trees.

Got a damaged paw at the moment so progress was slow......but achieved.
Hoping to get out and try to get some footage next week.
Very nice Bill but not quite the mansion you were using that long week end in the chestnut grove :lol: That first meet seems like

a lifetime ago

"damaged paw"......... has one been trying out ones wood carving chisels? I like the idea of substituting paracord.
[/QUOTE]
Paracord is no good on cutting wood........:eek::lol:(Maybe? safer though?)

(I'm definitely leaving the country VERY soon!!)

"damaged paw"......... has one been trying out ones wood carving chisels? I like the idea of substituting paracord.
Paracord is no good on cutting wood........:eek::lol:(Maybe? safer though?)

(I'm definitely leaving the country VERY soon!!)
[/QUOTE]
And I suppose your an authority on cutting wood with paracord :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: lol
Back