• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Onetegris Backwoods Bungalow 2

Managed to get the footprint cut out for the shelter this morning.
I have cut it 3 inches shorter in length and width.
It is cut out from a rubberised sheet..... A bit like the old 58 pat Ponchos for those who remember them :whistle:
Tough old stuff and an ideal protector for the shelter base.

IMG_20200110_111704.jpg

Managed to get the footprint cut out for the shelter this morning.
I have cut it 3 inches shorter in length and width.
It is cut out from a rubberised sheet..... A bit like the old 58 pat Ponchos for those who remember them :whistle:
Tough old stuff and an ideal protector for the shelter base.

View attachment 20091
I remember them very well Bill, bloody useless in my opinion but what you have should do the job

Luke at the outdoor gear review on YouTube is taking votes on whether the onetigris bungalow 2 will leak or not on a test night..... Well after he reviewed the finnish army roll mat upside down and pitched the F1 tent as saggy as Nora batties tights 🙄.... I won't hold my breath for a positive review🤔

Not had a chance to get out with the shelter yet......injury and holiday kind of got in the way :rolleyes:

@Forest wanders

Not seen that review of the saggy tent pitch......yet.

One of the reasons I bought the Slumit Gobi 3 tent was for the rigidity that the pop up frame offers.....even on on uneven ground the tent retains its shape and remains quite taught......no sagging.

I think the the One Tegris Bungalow 2 shelter will be a better pitch using a Ridgeline rather than the walking pole/stick method (unless on pretty level ground)......though it is useful having the two options.
The shelter will be used mostly in the woods anyway.

WHEN I manage to get out I will be taking along some thin bungee cord and will experiment using it on all the tie out points.....the idea being that it will offer a kind of suspension effect to take up slack areas during pitching if the ground is a little uneven......if that makes sense? :D
By tying off the Ridgeline 4/6 inches higher than needed (experimentation needed) it should offer the ability for a better pitch with the bungee loops.

As for leaks :confused: if there are any....hopefully a coat of seam sealer will cure them.:thumbsup:

Well..... At last I managed to get out with the One Tegris Bungalow 2.
Seems like an age since it arrived at Christmas :rolleyes: :D

Took advantage of the break in the recent stormy weather..... With showers pending.

Wanted to familiarise myself with the shelter and change.... Add things to my liking before going on an actual outing with it.

Already had the ridge line made up and ready to go.
Added a few carabiner here and there.

Pitching using the ridge line was a breeze.
The remaining pegging out saw the shelter take shape..... A nice taught pitch.
Used my Robens telescopic poles for the front canopy.

Assembled the Alpidex camp bed under the cover of the canopy..... fitted the leather pads to the feet..... Works well.
Had a lay down on the bed...... Sooo comfortable..... Enough ground clearence without being over the top.
Layed there inside looking around..... The sealing of the seams look excellent.

Happy now knowing the next pitch will go very smoothly.

A few pictures.

IMG_20200218_111832.jpg
IMG_20200218_110602.jpg
IMG_20200218_111722.jpg
IMG_20200218_111659.jpg
IMG_20200218_105543.jpg
IMG_20200218_110044.jpg
IMG_20200218_110032.jpg

Realy happy I went for the Coyote colour over the green.
Just managed to pack up before the showers.

Happy Days...... :thumbsup::thumbsup:
IMG_20200218_105543.jpg

Great, thanks for the photos and report, this rig is just what I wanted. I spent ages looking for an "A" shaped mossie tent to put under my Tarp rigged "A" style....eventually got it all sorted last summer and what happens? Along come the Bungalow 2...and it's got a nice canopy....:D

It all looks good mate, including the setting. Glad you had a good time.

Cheers mate :)

Planned on an overnighter this week Bam......forgot it was half term and my boys have booked me :rofl:
Looking forward to a proper trip :thumbsup:

Reactions: Bam
@saxonaxe and @Brambling

Have you both had a look at one of these?........save getting the sewing machine out Annie :rofl:
Fairly lightweight and comes in its own carry case.....very neat.....strong......excellent bathtub that is very robust.
Used to use mine under a tarp....keeps the critters out and breaks the draughts down a tad.....loads of room inside :thumbsup:

Seen them cheaper than this......have a shop around ;)

Back