• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Onetegris Backwoods Bungalow 2

I ordered 8, I think they'll go well with the lavvu, and save a bit of weight as I use heavy steel spikes. I like my tents nice and taught...…… and any weight that you don't need?
(I bought a sleeping bag because of him!! :rofl: )

I know what you mean. Sometimes I think he does it on purpose! However these are excellent pegs and will work well in loose woodland soil.

When you join us in Scotland Dick.....they will be good in the snow too :rofl: 🤭

We have the same colour pegs now mate :rofl:🤭:rolleyes:......guess I will have to spray mine then:sneaky:

Actually...... :whistle: .....er.....:oopsy:..........there are 2......:eek: and they are both plastic.......:eek::poo:.............

I was impressed with the OneTigris Smokey Hut for minimising bulk overnighters when Banzai bought his rig out on a recent canoe trip.......but not quite as compact as maybe expected? I'll see....Banzai would have his up as fast, if not faster, than my Origami tarp tent.............

Along the same lines, but more robust/weather resistant, I got a Vango Halo 200.....although weightier, packs a lot more compactly than I was expecting.
Very impressive on a couple of garden set ups, and surprisingly "cheap"? Loads of room for one and kit.
Either of these will be useful for "one pack" canoe trips where portages are expected, and we want to carry stuff in one go, canoe and pack together?

The Smokey hut has yet to arrive........

Of course if carrying isn't a priority, then I go cotton/canvas!!! :thumbsup: :rofl:...........................

(back to the therapy room, and try out the new restraints......)

🙂Well just a wee update on the backwoods bungalow...have been using it for a while now...high winds,snow,hail....and today the heavens seemed to open up above me for at least 6 hours before having to head home..and pleased to report not one drop of rain entered tent👍...well at least till the blinking dog decided to shake and give me a shower in the tent🤨

Attachments

• 20210219_140359.jpg
    20210219_140359.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20210219_121100.jpg
    20210219_121100.jpg
    374.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 20210219_140346.jpg
    20210219_140346.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 91
🙂Well just a wee update on the backwoods bungalow...have been using it for a while now...high winds,snow,hail....and today the heavens seemed to open up above me for at least 6 hours before having to head home..and pleased to report not one drop of rain entered tent👍...well at least till the blinking dog decided to shake and give me a shower in the tent🤨
Fair play to you Ricky, I think you're out more than the rest of us put together, glad the set up works well for you.

Reactions: Oot
Back