• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Onetegris Backwoods Bungalow 2

Another wee update.......suggest you use a very good ground sheet as the damp has been seeping through mine ...used a cheap tarp that should have done the job but didnt๐Ÿค”

Another wee update.......suggest you use a very good ground sheet as the damp has been seeping through mine ...used a cheap tarp that should have done the job but didnt๐Ÿค”

Hiya Forest.

Do you reckon it might just be condensation?.......is it just a patch where you lay.....or all over the floor?
Often get damp patches on the sleep matt/pad due to condensation between the sleeping bag and matt surfaces.

Shame its a Bungalow...........you could have moved upstairs ๐Ÿค”

Hiya Forest.

Do you reckon it might just be condensation?.......is it just a patch where you lay.....or all over the floor?
Often get damp patches on the sleep matt/pad due to condensation between the sleeping bag and matt surfaces.

Shame its a Bungalow...........you could have moved upstairs ๐Ÿค”
Nope was only out for a few hours and had my usual afternoon nap...only had the bivvy and roll mat....how it's a long time till I have to move upstairs๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡.....but dont know about heaven.....I wont know anyone....at least from this forum ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘บ

Ok folks.....looking for answers are uk spec bungalows different from us..as my one does not have to attachment on top in middle for a guy line....also have seen ykk stamped on some zips on youtube but none on my one๐Ÿค”
20210331_114853.jpg
20210331_114836.jpg

๐Ÿ˜”Well just noticed a problem...the stitching on one of the corners is coming undone....I could understand if it was severely tensioned but if you own one you know you have to fiddle to get it just right...a wee bit disappointed.....suppose thats what happens when you use gear a lot๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜”
20210331_125936.jpg

20210331_125946.jpg
20210331_125936.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops think a mod could tidy that up dont know how I managed to insert so many images...
Tech wizard I am not ๐Ÿ˜—

Ricky.

That's not good eghh.
Go directly to One Terri's via email and explain what's happened.
Ask them for a returns slip to post your shelter back for exchange.

Yes going to do that when I get home...thing is that spot doesn't get a lot of stress put on it....dont even think I have had it completely enclosed....anyway just woke up to the sound of rain on the bungalow....anyway was thinking of getting the one tigris tangram tent...dint know now๐Ÿค”....oh and willie...does your one have loops on top for ridge line..as said previously mine has none ๐Ÿค”

Generally what's the quality like on these ? its surprising that the stitching is coming away like that in a "non stress " area ......

@Forest wanders

Sketch here Ricky.
This is how I hang my Bungalow using the ridge line method.......no need to over do the tension.

In the sketch the prussiks are hanging straight......as you add the tension they will obviously face left and right......if that makes sense.

Attachments

• 20210331_164606.jpg
    20210331_164606.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Very surprised itโ€™s ripped already Ricky ๐Ÿ‘Ž every thing Iโ€™ve read on them is positive ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I have a One Tigris (Smokey Hut). They are lightweight and cheapish tents. Quality is inconsistent, and this preempted my reinforcing the apex. For what it is, it is now a very useful bit of kit.....................

@Forest wanders

Sketch here Ricky.
This is how I hang my Bungalow using the ridge line method.......no need to over do the tension.

In the sketch the prussiks are hanging straight......as you add the tension they will obviously face left and right......if that makes sense.
Aye same as mine .....have a look on youtube at Dan's everything outdoors...his has the extra loops for ridge line ๐Ÿค”

@Forest wanders

Hi Ricky.

I had a look at "Dans everything outdoors"clip that shows the extra loops you mentioned and it also highlighted a few problems with leaks.
One thing that did stand out was the struggles he had with his tarp under the shelter floor.
Far better to cut that to size......so it lays flat to the ground......having to push under from all sides and scrunched up....... just creates pockets in the material where water will sit.....rather than run away.

As far as the extra loops go........I would not let that bother you......the material of the tent is pretty lightweight......so are the extras really needed?
Have had my Bungalow out in prolonged rain......with not a drop leaking into the shelter during the day and overnight.
Makes you wonder if the manufacturers they have producing these...... work to very different standards and quality control?

Hope you get your issues sorted and end up with a better produced shelter after the exchange.

Be sure to keep us up to speed on how things go......and how well One Tegris treat you and deal with the issues.

Good luck with it all.

Last edited:
Have been thinking about One Tigris for a while and have had reservations about quality control ( without any real evidence just my gut feeling) , I'll be following this with interest .... Hope you get sorted out .

Back