• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Onetegris Backwoods Bungalow 2

S'not funny....

giphy.gif

Yeah 'tis...……... :rofl:

As with everything I buy I have been doing a LOT of looking around and reading reviews.....watching videos regarding this shelter.
Some of the comments regarding the first edition have been less than encouraging and have pointed out some quite bad flaws in the design and quality control of the shelter.......to be fair....the same can happen with many other first edition products.
It's a shame Onetigris were in such a hurry to get this on the market without ironing out the problems and the quality of the production from the off.
From the feedback of customers and reviewers they now seem to have addressed the issues

From that feed back I would say its definitely not worth buying the proto type.

I still feel that the "Backwoods Bungalow 2" is worth a try though and will make up my own mind when it arrives and have the opportunity to try it out in the woods.

Thought I would mention this in case anyone thinks the Mk1 is a cheaper option..... and goes for that option because of the supposed saving.......not worth the disappointment and hassle :thumbsup:

It's called 'Low cost development Technique'.... :D

You take what looks like a good idea, produce and market it.....Await public reaction.
Mark 2 embodies all the free suggestions, ideas and 'Why didn't they's' and is marketed with a lot of "We've listened and improved as suggested by our customers"...publicity.

From the feedback of customers and reviewers they now seem to have addressed the issues ...

Mark 2 sells well and you didn't have to pay anyone for product development research,,,,:lol:

shhh don't tell them Pike. If they know we can't ramp up the profit and get that hot tub in the office we always talked about.

As with everything I buy I have been doing a LOT of looking around and reading reviews.....watching videos regarding this shelter.
Some of the comments regarding the first edition have been less than encouraging and have pointed out some quite bad flaws in the design and quality control of the shelter.......to be fair....the same can happen with many other first edition products.
It's a shame Onetigris were in such a hurry to get this on the market without ironing out the problems and the quality of the production from the off.
From the feedback of customers and reviewers they now seem to have addressed the issues

From that feed back I would say its definitely not worth buying the proto type.

I still feel that the "Backwoods Bungalow 2" is worth a try though and will make up my own mind when it arrives and have the opportunity to try it out in the woods.

Thought I would mention this in case anyone thinks the Mk1 is a cheaper option..... and goes for that option because of the supposed saving.......not worth the disappointment and hassle :thumbsup:

???

Hi Lol.

Been down that route with the "Lux Megahorn".....nice shelter.

Still prefer the Bungalow 2 in comparison.

Sewn in bathtub ground sheet.......mesh screen in situ.......nice overhang porch........not as much cold draught coming through........and a tad lighter......similar to Baker Tent......and cheaper ;):thumbsup:

just watched the videos of the guys with these tents :)... i have seen them before a few years ago (not same maker) and thought back then they maybe worth a punt :rolleyes:

just watched the videos of the guys with these tents :)... i have seen them before a few years ago (not same maker) and thought back then they maybe worth a punt :rolleyes:

It does have a lot going for it mate.
The design has been around for a while and like you say there have been a few fashioned by other people.

I had in mind a while back to have a go at this design using my Tatonka Tarp ( Pollycotton)....but in the end opted for the detachable wind break option made from another Tatonka I bought......seen on a few passed meets.

Also similar to the Whellen Shelter I had a while back.

This was a great shelter in relatively fine weather but did not keep out the swirling winds and rain that could blow inside.
It was nice for the summer though.

Roll on January mate.....will pitch in the woods......lots of pictures and more waffle :rofl::thumbsup:

Just ordered the onetigris bungalow 2.....so some reviews from one man and his dogs in the new year..... Now off to sell some kit.... Yes I know TART😁

Look forward to your thoughts on the shelter Forest.....going to be a fun January :thumbsup: :xmas-smilie:

One thing I am still a bit sketchy about is the ground sheet.....defo going to need a good footprint I reckon.

Back