• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Onetegris Backwoods Bungalow 2

Right yous lot , stop if’ing and butting, with all the maybes and should’as . Get it bought get it reviewed so I know IF! I should buy on :):rofl:

or of course.......YOU could just buy it, review it, and determine everyone else's ifs, buts, should haves...…? ;) :evileye:
(Once you've got your wallet...…):rofl::rofl:

I came....THAT close...no closer!!! - to buying a Dutch Army wotsit tent......THAT close!!:eek::whistle::zipped:

Look forward to your thoughts on the shelter Forest.....going to be a fun January :thumbsup: :xmas-smilie:

One thing I am still a bit sketchy about is the ground sheet.....defo going to need a good footprint I reckon.
I still have a couple of large plastic sheets I mentioned before. May work as a footprint if you want to try.

You can pick up the cheap 2x1m tarps for a quid from the cheapy shops, handy for footprints, I use them as a ground tarp when out and about.

Can't seem to copy the link but it's on Amazon UK and you need to look for the version 2.0 as the old one is on there as well. With the discount I paid £82 with free delivery. look for onetigris bungalow 2.0.

Been giving some more thought as to what to use for the Footprint of this shelter.
Think I will be investing another £10 on a sheet of this "Builders damp proof membrane."

I have used acres of it on building works in years passed and it is strong durable stuff.

When I cut footprints to fit a shelter......I make sure that the footprint is 3 inches smaller all around..... than the actual size needed.
Having a footprint that exceeds the shelter floor area leaves it wide open to collecting water and causing unwanted pooling between the two layers..... from shelter run off.

Will be ideal for woodland or rough ground use. :xmas-smilie:

@lol

If you are thinking of something being custom made from poly cotton.........try here mate :xmas-smilie:

Be interesting to see what they come up with......and even if they could make the shelter a tad bigger with a more heavy duty bathtub groundsheet :)

Think it was these people I had my Whelen shelter made by.

Good luck.....and let us know how you get on with it.

There spot on bill :thumbsup: the shelter in the first picture looks the mutts nuts. If you bought the tent without the optional pole, you could easily make one one site. Really like the look of them

If I had the cash I would be looking at these:

But I don't & I will have to be content with drooling at them from a distance ! :D

Back