• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

ONETIGRIS Smokey Hut heads up

A quick look at the phots on Amazon suggests they're pretty 'see through' by the second picture, no 'adjusting the clutch' then. :oopsy:

Right am away to buy something now 🤔 “THANK YOU” guys 🤨😂
Just an idea..

71LgPn%2BrmwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 71LgPn%2BrmwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71LgPn%2BrmwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 20
The Smokey hut (without inner) is £145 and the Iron Wall (with inner) is £150

Trying to figure if I can fit my folding seat in there with the 1.6m height....

Same dimensions......more pricey...why I don't know?

Its a good point, I don't know either although it does come with the inside mesh 'hide'. It has a smaller door although I don't have a strong opinion on that as I've not tried them.

Reactions: Bam
The iron wall and smokey hut are exactly the same. The only difference is the door.

The smokey hut the zip on the door goes all the way to the top

The iron wall is for more wet weather camping as the door is a D shape. So you can sit with the door open when it's raining if you did that with the smokey hut alot of the tent inside would get wet.

On the plus side to the smokey hut the doors can be folded up and you can use it like a half shelter.

Myself I prefer the iron wall due to the weather we have down here

The iron wall and smokey hut are exactly the same. The only difference is the door.

The smokey hut the zip on the door goes all the way to the top

The iron wall is for more wet weather camping as the door is a D shape. So you can sit with the door open when it's raining if you did that with the smokey hut alot of the tent inside would get wet.

On the plus side to the smokey hut the doors can be folded up and you can use it like a half shelter.

Myself I prefer the iron wall due to the weather we have down here
Cheers mate, appreciate the intel. I'm leaning to towards the Iron wall for similar reasons based on your post.

Cheers mate, appreciate the intel. I'm leaning to towards the Iron wall for similar reasons based on your post.
Just check out the security of stitching for hanging inner tent and apex. Consider replacing hanging cord for inner tent also with length of bungee, so it has some give.
May well need some guy lines and extra pegs, as One Tigris seem to under supply these
Also consider slightly heavier duty bungees around the periphery......

Last edited:
Just check out the security of stitching for hanging inner tent and apex. Consider replacing hanging cord also with length of bungee, so it has some give.
May well need some guy lines and extra pegs, as One Tigris seem to under supply these
Also consider slightly heavier duty bungees around the periphery......
Cheers Lol, extra guy lines and pegs isn't a problem. I'll keep an eye on the internal stitching.

Back