• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Opinions Needed Fjallraven trousers

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Hello all, I'm after some advice.
I'm looking at making an investment, into a pair of Fjallraven trousers, firstly are they as good as they say? Secondly which ones, barents? Vidda pro? Vidda pro ventilated? Going to cotswold outdoor Tuesday, so your input and advice is much appreciated

Wanted a pair myself, I don’t have any experience with them, but the reviews on vidda pro are pretty consistent that there good. Interested to see what you think of them if you get a pair jon 👍🏻

I’ve got a pair of Vida pro , very good in my opinion , comfy , hard wearing and look good too ...😁

Issues for me are sizing ( can be on small size) , leg length on Vida pro is pre determined ( 32 or 34 inch ) can be awkward if your short legged although if you buy from fall raven shop they can adjust .

I would recommend trying on before you buy as they are as you say a hefty price but I would argue I’ve had good value out of mine and they are still going strong 👍

Agree.....sizing is an issue.

Had to get mine taken up....being a short legged person and all :rolleyes:
The reason I only wore the trousers once was.....they are not a good fit at all.....stick to the skin when wet.....uncomfortable material next to the skin.......hard to dry and heavy if they get wet....... and stick to the skin when they do get wet.
You can wax them.....which makes them even more uncomfortable.....might as well buy a pair of "Barbour" waxed trousers or the likes.
Just my opinion......if you can put up with the above they are heavy duty wear.......but not worth the price.

These comments apply to the "Barents-G1000 trousers"....other types/styles of Fjallraven may be better.

Much prefer more modern stretch materials these days...lighter.....more comfort....easier to dry......(Will dry on you quickly)......not good around large sparking fires though :(

Well.....there goes any potential sale of mine I suppose :thumbsdown::rofl:

Fair comments , I don’t wax mine and they have been washed a few times now so are comfortable and supple .

Fjallraven seem to offer different waist cuts , some higher , some lower ... this can also affect the fit .

Some might say Fjallraven is not best suited to U.K. conditions ?

Revolution Race seem to have a good offering these days , maybe worth a look ?

Agree.....sizing is an issue.

Had to get mine taken up....being a short legged person and all :rolleyes:
The reason I only wore the trousers once was.....they are not a good fit at all.....stick to the skin when wet.....uncomfortable material next to the skin.......hard to dry and heavy if they get wet....... and stick to the skin when they do get wet.
You can wax them.....which makes them even more uncomfortable.....might as well buy a pair of "Barbour" waxed trousers or the likes.
Just my opinion......if you can put up with the above they are heavy duty wear.......but not worth the price.

These comments apply to the "Barents-G1000 trousers"....other types/styles of Fjallraven may be better.

Much prefer more modern stretch materials these days...lighter.....more comfort....easier to dry......(Will dry on you quickly)......not good around large sparking fires though :(

Well.....there goes any potential sale of mine I suppose :thumbsdown::rofl:
Yeah, I guess sales ain't your bag Bill. :lol:

I don't think they are made for stumpy little fat arsed people like myself Rod ;) :rofl:

Revolution Race are a good shout.......have a pair of their Norwand trousers.....but again long in the leg :rolleyes: apart from that I cant fault them.....very comfortable and forgiving.
The price is very good for what they are :thumbsup:
They do a large selection of kit.....good company to deal with :thumbsup:

Ha Ha! And I'm 36" inside leg....I'll have em' as shorts!! :rofl: :rofl:
I'm with Bill, I'm 6 foot and have an inside leg of 29", great when I used to prop but a bit odd when my missus has longer legs than me. :lol:

When we sit down I'm a baw hair taller in the back than my 6'3" brother too. Safe to say its me that's the odd one out size wise. :oopsy:

Right...we have a prop and a geriatric wing.........whose next????? Line up!!!

I'm a geriatric prop myself. I stopped when I was 37 and it was taking a week to recover from playing even a half. :lol: I got speaking to a train conductor who propped until he was 44.... 😱 Hard core. Funnily enough, we got speaking about football as we followed different Dundee teams and I was wearing a tasteful blue top as opposed to a tacky tangerine one. 😎

Back