• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Optic covers (plus a bit)

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
When I first bought my 1 and only rifle (Stoeger RX20 S3 Surpressor) I had no idea how impressive the technology in all aspects had grown, I once shot a few as a kid on my D of E thingy at school, and that is my knowledge of air gunning. I must admit the rifle that I have , which I do like, maybe is not the best!!, I honestly do not know!. and i will be looking for other options.

Moving on from that I am still using the elastic scope covers which I think are a bit clumsy (no jokes please). So with my first footie money of the season shall be buying some proper covers. It looks like they are very detailed in what fits, i will try my best to get the right ones but other opinions always help.

My only scope is:-

Nikko Sterling 3-9-40 AO IR

Have found these sites, hints on what welcomed!

suggestions please, many thanks!!

Also as most of my kit is funded by the footie, looking to get one of these as well.

Thanks too all

footie bets for Tuesday will be posted

Problem solved i think

eyepiece.png obj.png

I observed that nearly all of the top shooters at the world championship were using flip up lens covers. Very good if you have stationary targets and it's dusty or raining. Keeps the lenses clear. They are a pain when hunting as they have to be released before you aim and when flipped up they can catch on grass or bushes. Horses for courses!

My only affectation with my rifle sight is a sunshade extension, it weighs very little and really helps when shooting in dappled light under trees. It does keep the objective lens clear when it rains but that is purely coincidental, I rarely shoot in wet weather and the rifle is either in it's cabinet or slip when not in use.

Back