• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Ordered these

Must admit I also tend to go barefoot around the house although I do "find" the occasional mouse giblet gifted to me by my cats (blessem)

Must admit I also tend to go barefoot around the house although I do "find" the occasional mouse giblet gifted to me by my cats (blessem)
I stopped going barefoot when I was a teenager and my dad's dog would sleep in my room. His "gift" squished between your toes when you first wake up in the morning is not a good start to the day! Needless to say after that event the dog was banned from my room! Bloody terriers!!!

Barefoot running is a whole different issue that has proposers and opponents in equal measure; to reap the benefits of barefoot trainers you need a very specific running style or you risk extenuating the injuries that barefoot trainers claim to avoid..

I'm also on the boots side of the fence. My Haix boots are by far the most comfortable footwear I've ever had and I wear them daily except when at work where I need to wear steelies. They provide good ankle support for running/trudging in the woods (airsoft/camping) and keep my feet dry in soggy conditions where marshy bog water could come over the tops of trainers.

Back