• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Our little bit of woodland - too many pics!

CaveDweller

Staff member
Hi All,

I figured it was about time I did a proper introduction and give you lot a quick tour of the bit of woodland that I hang around in when I can (which isn't often enough!). A small group of mates jointly bought a few acres near Swindon last year, and we've been having lots of fun with it. It's mostly ash and beech so plenty of decent firewood, and plenty of potential widow-makers! We've put up a kitchen area, wood store, composting toilet and a saw horse. Allegedly there's a pizza oven on the way, but I'm not holding my breath. There's lots of wildlife around, we stuck up a trail cam and saw loads of deer, badgers, foxes and hares. Here are some of the locals (apologies for the crappy jpeg quality, the trail cam sucks at stills).

titly_robin.jpg

bambi.jpg

DSCF0317.jpg
deer1.jpg

The facilities... with tree mounted alcohol gel and beer bottle bog roll dispensers! We've upgraded the privacy screen a bit since then.

PXL_20220702_120343793.jpg

PXL_20220702_120413982.jpg

Best view from a toilet I ever saw. ;)

The kitchen area by night. I think we must have had Pink Floyd on at that point judging by the dodgy lighting. Those lights didn't last long! We found a couple of Acoustic Energy outdoor speakers on EBay, so there's half decent sounds around the fireplace.

Mordors Kitchen.jpg

It's not exactly ultralighting or bushcrafting, but it's a great place for a quiet weekend away, and the bar isn't bad either!
PXL_20220506_165148589.jpg

Spot on Cave Dweller......the trail cam has captured some great pictures of the wildlife :thumbsup:

Sanctuary..........your own piece of outdoor heaven :)

Thanks for sharing.........and please share more pictures of your time out whilst there with your friends.

Looks awesome, nothing like having your own bit of heaven, and great trail cam pics too. Not sure about the music though! 😬 It is strictly banned at Base Camp, the only thing I want to hear is nature…….But we are all different. 😁👍👍

Looks awesome, nothing like having your own bit of heaven, and great trail cam pics too. Not sure about the music though! 😬 It is strictly banned at Base Camp, the only thing I want to hear is nature…….But we are all different. 😁👍👍
I agree on the music. It's usually just nature sounds, that pic was from the first camp after we bought it. Sort of a house warming party. Those gaudy lights have gone and the stereo only comes out during the day for a bit of radio 4 when we're doing camp chores. After dark it's just wildlife and the sounds of the fire.

I didn’t make any cider last autumn Bill, I only have one demijohn from the year before and it’ll be like sherry by now. I may just stick to tea with rum in it….less chance of a headache.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. I've been away a bit recently, so not much chance to catch up, but I finally got around to lashing up a 'compilation video' from the trail cam if anyone's interested in seeing the critters. I'm new to this YouTube malarkey, but I hope this is the link:
Trail cam . So much venison! :)

Back