• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Our local woodland and trail camera

Very........and a serious pest. BUT, guess what, you are not allowed just to go set traps for them. You can do so for as long as you are present......but not to leave overnight or longer.

Very........and a serious pest. BUT, guess what, you are not allowed just to go set traps for them. You can do so for as long as you are present......but not to leave overnight or longer.

Might give it a go myself, always wanted to taste themā€¦ I will do some research before hand so not to get myself into trouble šŸ˜

• Love
Reactions: lol
On the assumption we are talking of the invasive signal crayfish (as per vid)..................

They're in about 6 inches of water so would be easy to catch with a net, dispatch and chuck in a pot. I'm not sure whether I'd trust eating things from that river though. :thumbsdown:
There's a stream that runs off an old landfill that feeds into the river and, while I'm sure that SEPA monitor the water quality from time to time, using that water or anything from it just doesn't sit well with me.

I have no problem, but that's just me...
Crayfish need fairly good water with a decent mineral content......however, just put them in a bucket of tap water for a while if concerned. They are bloody good eating, and I like the idea of invasive vermin being good eating! :rofl:

Back