• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Our local woodland and trail camera

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
I happened across a woodland area which is only 5 mins drive from home, close to a very busy country park and a fairly busy road.
However, in all the months I've been going up there I've never seen any other people. Result!

I bought a trail camera and have been moving it around to capture videos of the local wildlife and been having a fair bit of success.
I've uploaded some videos here. Hope you enjoy.
Cheers
Paul

I happened across a woodland area which is only 5 mins drive from home, close to a very busy country park and a fairly busy road.
However, in all the months I've been going up there I've never seen any other people. Result!

I bought a trail camera and have been moving it around to capture videos of the local wildlife and been having a fair bit of success.
Cheers
Paul

Great footage!

Cheers
Paul

Hi Paul

Just enjoyed watching your trail cam captures clips over my morning cuppa. I'm genuinely surprised at how much faunal diversity you capture in a small wood in UK. My personal favourite is the badger.

Congratulations!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan, The badger has appeared once in the 3 weeks my camera has been in that area so I think he must have just been passing through. I'm keen to get more footage of them but have yet to find their set.

Hmmmmm :thumbsdown:......how expensive ARE these Trail Cameras:whistle:
An outfit called " Pakatak" are selling refurbished Acorn units for £49 at the moment. They retail new around £140. Cheap versions up to £60 available but not that good. Top of the range £200 upwards. I have had an Acorn basic unit for 8 years with good results. My cheaper "eBay Chinese" is 2 years old and no where near as good.

Went out for a run for the first time in about six weeks this morning to test a previously strained calf (all good).

During lockdown all the local tracks were well beaten down, the track today (which we’ve previously used a lot and was always well trodden) finished with what looked like a rabbit run through a bank of nettles. I ended up pre-picking dock leaves and then smashing through to the other side, legs now tingling!

Oh, I know that feeling ...(failed walk in.../fall over) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not a trail cam video this time but the wee crayfish near the end was game enough to have a go at my camera :)

Might be worth setting a trap for the cray fish Paul 😁 I’ve heard there tasty 👍🏻

Back