• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Out at the pond today

Rathwulven BC

Extremely Talkative
So we went out to our little pond today. Wish us luck.

IMG_20180615_WA0002.jpg

IMG_20180615_WA0011.jpg

Lots of rudds and roaches here.
By the way, out of curiosity: Usually our rudds here have the typical upturned mouth whereas the roaches don't. We recently got ourselves a rudd that also had red eyes, is there any chance of crossbreeding between the two by any chance? See here:

IMG_20180607_WA0020.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed your day :thumbsup:
Some nice looking fish there.....and what a cracking venue......nice pond.

Thanks for sharing with us......nice pictures too:):thumbsup:

How long did you fish for?

Thanks for the replies.

We have been out yesterday as that day just was one big mocking of my pal and mine. Originally we had about 40 bites, which - due to a lack of fortune - resulted just in one single catch. Had some six to seven hooked and, unfortunately, lost all of them while drilling. Might be due to their size, many were pretty small - that in combination with a size 14-hook, well...

Yesterday was a better day though. We had a nice session yesterday - rudd and roach were targeted again. Used chickpea-flour with a combination of almond, corn and vanilla-aroma to chum the fish, fished on sweet corn with almond- and vanilla-flavour.

Two hours in, twelve catches. Then switched to pike and wasted 5 hours worth of calories in throwing spinners out to empty reed fields hahaha. My old lady also could be convinced to give it a try - and manged to drill two fish herself (including all steps from baiting over casting to catching releasing), now she literally is hooked to fishing and will get herself a license.

So yeah, I could be the happiest man on earth if it wasn't for one thing: I need to figure out how to burn down the office without being framed so I can enjoy more time out fishing instead of staring at this screen here, hahaha.

Thanks for the replies.

We have been out yesterday as that day just was one big mocking of my pal and mine. Originally we had about 40 bites, which - due to a lack of fortune - resulted just in one single catch. Had some six to seven hooked and, unfortunately, lost all of them while drilling. Might be due to their size, many were pretty small - that in combination with a size 14-hook, well...

Yesterday was a better day though. We had a nice session yesterday - rudd and roach were targeted again. Used chickpea-flour with a combination of almond, corn and vanilla-aroma to chum the fish, fished on sweet corn with almond- and vanilla-flavour.

Two hours in, twelve catches. Then switched to pike and wasted 5 hours worth of calories in throwing spinners out to empty reed fields hahaha. My old lady also could be convinced to give it a try - and manged to drill two fish herself (including all steps from baiting over casting to catching releasing), now she literally is hooked to fishing and will get herself a license.

So yeah, I could be the happiest man on earth if it wasn't for one thing: I need to figure out how to burn down the office without being framed so I can enjoy more time out fishing instead of staring at this screen here, hahaha.
Those are nice fish, from my match fishing days I can tell you that roach/rudd hybrids do occur likewise roach/bream hybrids

Certainly so. I think most beginning fisher(wo)men start off with these two red-finned fish as - in my opinion - they are a pretty easy game. Perfect for relaxed sessions.

Back