• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

OUT FISHING

Ark79

Site Manager
A thought a would start this thread up so a asked matt and he as always was a gentleman and said F!?": off :rofl::rofl:

So here we go...get the fishing stories of past and present and future HERE lol.

And of course a will start :D

Left the house about 6.30 this morning and arrived about 5to7. And not a soul to be seen so I had my pick of swims...lovely jubly:D av started with fishing the margins...seen a few carp moving about...a will give it about 2 hours and then fish more to the middle of the lake. Here's a few pics of this morning
IMG_2708.JPG

IMG_2709.JPG

IMG_2710.JPG

All set up
IMG_2711.JPG

IMG_2712.JPG

:thumbsup:

Excellent Mark :thumbsup:

There are a good few Fisherman on the forum be good to see reports and pictures of thier trips :thumbsup:
I see in this lot of pictures you have a few more turned up now.
Whats in the bait bucket?

And a hope you will contribute to the thread bill...come on dust the cobwebs of the gear and throw a few leds out :thumbsup:

Yeah mate a few more turned up but a have a nice spot so they can have at it:D and the banter is always good :thumbsup: am not feeling as lonely :rofl:

Halibut and bread crum mix with some sweet corn mixed into a fluffy paste and sweet corn on the hook. Fingers crossed it works :D

And a hope you will contribute to the thread bill...come on dust the cobwebs of the gear and throw a few leds out :thumbsup:

Yeah mate a few more turned up but a have a nice spot so they can have at it:D and the banter is always good :thumbsup: am not feeling as lonely :rofl:

Halibut and bread crum mix with some sweet corn mixed into a fluffy paste and sweet corn on the hook. Fingers crossed it works :D
Mark bait up a line about 4 feet out from the margin then leave it for 20 minutes, I know from my camping trip that big carp don't need a lot of water. Once they start grubbing about you'll see the bubbles and the water change colour then's the time to get the hook bait among them.Oh and don't bait up directly in front of you at that range, go off to the side

Lost 2....changed the hook and landed this one
IMG_2713.JPG

Nice common. But it's tail is rather orange so could be a large F1

Spot on mate :thumbsup:

With that tide Callander...if you got there about 7 ish you should get them on the way in:thumbsup:

Is them tide time a general rule of thum at that spot bill?

Haven't done any serious fishing in almost 30 years, dabbled now and then, sold all my kit when I emigrated, worst choice of my life .......................almost ;) I used to have Coarse, Sea and Game kit with all the trimmings, wish I had kept at least my Fly fishing kit, great art form is the Fly fishing.

Haven't done any serious fishing in almost 30 years, dabbled now and then, sold all my kit when I emigrated, worst choice of my life .......................almost ;) I used to have Coarse, Sea and Game kit with all the trimmings, wish I had kept at least my Fly fishing kit, great art form is the Fly fishing.

A dabble in fly fishing now and then mate. Had a few trout and tried the fly with the carp with no success lol.

A dabble in fly fishing now and then mate. Had a few trout and tried the fly with the carp with no success lol.
when I had my holiday back in June there was a day angler taking smll carp on a fly Mark, great fun by the looks of it

when I had my holiday back in June there was a day angler taking smll carp on a fly Mark, great fun by the looks of it

It's a different method joe a seen it on some channel...that guy was catching them easily with deer hair fly shaped like a dog biscuit lol.

Long wait and a little sunburn later and a nice little ghosty. A owe this one to joe...your idea of the margins worked a treat mate cheers :thumbsup:
IMG_2715.JPG

Back