• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Out in the woods

Bopdude

Extremely Addicted
After a looooooong time I managed to get out for a 2 nighter, early Friday evening saw myself and Liz get away to Brockwell Woods after dropping Dad off at my sisters, the weather was forecast to be hot ;)

A few pics in no particular order, Liz had agreed to try a hammock camp, her first ever and is now a convert, we managed to find trees on 'our' pitch that enabled us to get the 2 hammocks under 1 3x3 tarp

IMG_20180713_191116[1].jpg

It really is a great bit of woodland with some great added bonuses, they do not mind fires as long as kept under control and each pitch comes with a fire pit, there is a beck so water on tap, if filtered it's ok, I've had drinks of it before, it was nice to sit with our feet in the 'pool' on Saturday afternoon, even saw some Minnows so at least we know there's life in it.

IMG_20180713_191019[1].jpg

IMG_20180713_191005[1].jpg

I took along the Wildwood woodburner for a good test, Bio-Ethanol was taken as an in case ;) The stove worked brilliantly I wouldn't hesitate to take it again, as long as it was dry weather, and, the Original stove is far superior to the knock offs. Beef stew was the meal on Saturday night, Friday's was Sausage as was Saturday lunch, we missed Saturday breakfast as we only got out the pit at 10.00 hrs :D

Beef stew long and slow with varied heights on the pot hanger, yes, that's the 16cm Zebra going through it's paces again, so pleased I bought big but still wanting the 14cm as well.

IMG_20180714_140336[1].jpg

One of my staples, pasta and sauce in a packet

IMG_20180713_194801[1].jpg

And what evening meal would be complete without a movie and wine :)

IMG_20180713_230606[1].jpg

Liz was still getting to grips with the hammock, I told her was at the wrong end and would slip down, she knew best...................not lol

I took my axe in case of but it wasn't needed, instead all the fuel needs were completed by the Laplander and Mora

IMG_20180714_145743[1].jpg

IMG_20180714_145748[1].jpg

And what a cracking sunset from a hammock through the trees in the woods, a great weekend, thanks for looking.

IMG_20180714_212008[1].jpg

All pictures taken on my new phone Huawei P20 pro, liking it so far battery was still at 38% this morning without charging from Friday, happy days :)

Yep, long over due, might start getting out a bit more soon and yes, looking forward to our trip and no mate, you got that wrong way around, there's no way I'M sharing any close space with you lmao ;)

Nice one Al......glad you both had a good trip :thumbsup:

How did you get on with your wood gas stove......impressed??

Great pictures :thumbsup:

Thanks Bill and very very impressed, I've tried the knock off's ( twice ) gave the first away on the spot and still have the second, not a patch on the real thing, and the slight seconds one I got, no idea what the fault is, is looks and works perfectly

Wild Woodgas Stove MKIIt - FACTORY SECOND - Wild Stoves

It burns clean down to ash.

Excellent mate glad you are happy with it :thumbsup:
So easy to manage and feed too.....bonus all round;)

Good link too........nice one.....may help others :thumbsup:

How do you fancy doing a write up on it in a separate thread.........a review with pictures........would be a great help to newer members just getting into what we do and maybe stuck for stove choice :thumbsup:

I haven't got that many pictures yet but I'll certainly give it a review and take more pictures by the end of summer when I've used it more, this one with smoke coming from it was deliberate, flying pest control, a bit of smoke works wonders and it impressed the hell outta Liz, her comment made me smile ( not in this picture though ) She said, you're at home out here aren't you :)

camping.jpg

After a looooooong time I managed to get out for a 2 nighter, early Friday evening saw myself and Liz get away to Brockwell Woods after dropping Dad off at my sisters, the weather was forecast to be hot ;)

A few pics in no particular order, Liz had agreed to try a hammock camp, her first ever and is now a convert, we managed to find trees on 'our' pitch that enabled us to get the 2 hammocks under 1 3x3 tarp

View attachment 14390

It really is a great bit of woodland with some great added bonuses, they do not mind fires as long as kept under control and each pitch comes with a fire pit, there is a beck so water on tap, if filtered it's ok, I've had drinks of it before, it was nice to sit with our feet in the 'pool' on Saturday afternoon, even saw some Minnows so at least we know there's life in it.

View attachment 14392

View attachment 14393

I took along the Wildwood woodburner for a good test, Bio-Ethanol was taken as an in case ;) The stove worked brilliantly I wouldn't hesitate to take it again, as long as it was dry weather, and, the Original stove is far superior to the knock offs. Beef stew was the meal on Saturday night, Friday's was Sausage as was Saturday lunch, we missed Saturday breakfast as we only got out the pit at 10.00 hrs :D

Beef stew long and slow with varied heights on the pot hanger, yes, that's the 16cm Zebra going through it's paces again, so pleased I bought big but still wanting the 14cm as well.

View attachment 14394

View attachment 14395

View attachment 14396

Liz was still getting to grips with the hammock, I told her was at the wrong end and would slip down, she knew best...................not lol

I took my axe in case of but it wasn't needed, instead all the fuel needs were completed by the Laplander and Mora

View attachment 14397

View attachment 14398

And what a cracking sunset from a hammock through the trees in the woods, a great weekend, thanks for looking.

View attachment 14399

All pictures taken on my new phone Huawei P20 pro, liking it so far battery was still at 38% this morning without charging from Friday, happy days :)
Great photos mate

Oh, and another discovery, my small Ti pot / mug 450ml, I had a coffee from it, it stayed hot for ages without any help from a cozy, so impressed I ordered the Tomshoo set with the thinking of making cozies for both the pots and changing cook systems, if it doesn't work then no great shakes at £23, it will give me 2 extra Ti pots at worst :)

Spot on buddy:thumbsup::thumbsup: glad you got out for a few days. Enjoyed reading that and the pictures was braw:D

Thanks mate was great and sorely needed, I'm impressed with the pictures this phone takes straight outta the box, will have to see what the video is like in future.

A like the movie with the hammocks:D you have set the bar for that mate:thumbsup: a will give that a go next time

That was a nice touch I'll admit, Liz bought me the tablet for trips but I hadn't taken it before now, it was a bit surreal laid there :snug: drinking wine after a nice beef stew watching Notting Hill and The Wolverine, not so nice after that though, girlie films, Trolls and Coyote Ugly lmao :eek: :whistle:

That was a nice touch I'll admit, Liz bought me the tablet for trips but I hadn't taken it before now, it was a bit surreal laid there :snug: drinking wine after a nice beef stew watching Notting Hill and The Wolverine, not so nice after that though, girlie films, Trolls and Coyote Ugly lmao :eek::whistle:

Pmsl:rofl: The first two films... aye ...last ones no lol. A will defo be steeling your idea lol. A nice red wine and good company....blissfull :thumbsup:

Am trying to talk Sharon into camping...not an easy task :cool: showed her your post and it’s now a Maby! Lol.

View attachment 14390

View attachment 14392

View attachment 14393

View attachment 14394

View attachment 14395

View attachment 14396

View attachment 14397

View attachment 14398

View attachment 14399

Just fabulous...……...

Back