• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Outdoor high leg boots?

I'm not too familiar with what boots are available for ladies, Helen, but my mate's Granddaughter is fond of Bush Crafty type activities and when she's been in the wood with her Grandad and me she wears her riding/stable boots.
Like these. They are just called Country Boots and she wears them around the stable yard or in the woods. They might look a bit clunky but she's a 5' 2" featherweight and seems to skip around in them ok.
boots.jpg

They look like these, almost identical in fact. Hyland Buxton Country boots

Hi Hells.

Just to add another to the mix......"Toggi" high leg boots are very worth a look as well.

You can find Toggi on Amazon too.

:thumbsup:

I'm not too familiar with what boots are available for ladies, Helen, but my mate's Granddaughter is fond of Bush Crafty type activities and when she's been in the wood with her Grandad and me she wears her riding/stable boots.
Like these. They are just called Country Boots and she wears them around the stable yard or in the woods. They might look a bit clunky but she's a 5' 2" featherweight and seems to skip around in them ok.
View attachment 39704

They look like these, almost identical in fact. Hyland Buxton Country boots
Thx hun

Hi Hells.

Just to add another to the mix......"Toggi" high leg boots are very worth a look as well.

I shall take a look there x

I'm also a fan of Muckboots™. Very lightweight, waterproof and not at all sweaty if worn with wool socks. Maybe not as long lasting as leather high top boots though.

On my second pair of "Toggi Columbus Boots" at the moment.....love the things.
Great when the grass is fairly long and damp.....no wet trouser legs or trouser bottoms.
Not an out and out hiking boot for sure....but for days in the woods/fields camping shooting they perform well.
I like them especially for the ease of putting them on....or taking them off........no bending required :)

Fan of the Muck Boots too.....good boots for work or play :thumbsup:

Hi Hells.

Bought Sharon a pair of them a few years back and there still going strong 👍🏻

If your looking at wellies then my vote would be for aigle boots; my pair has walking boot style soles, cinches in at the calf and are all day comfortable. Cost a lot but you tend to get what you pay for unless they're hunters in which case most of what you’re paying for is the name Hunter!

As a stockman, I swore by Noras....all day comfortable, and I still have a pair....but not perhaps right for Helen???

Back