• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Over fire grill

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
Just made an over fire grill from heavy 1"x1" box section and a heavy wire grill bolted to the top to put pots and pans on. it's 19" wide x 28" long x 16" high so should be perfect for over fire grill.
Heavy duty but light enough to carry ;)

Get some photos done later mate, be great for the next bushy :)

Sorry forgot here are a few pics of the over fire grill, it's nothing special to look at but it's strong and should do the job and last a good while.
I will bring it with me when I come down and leave it for you guys to use.

IMAG0631.jpg IMAG0633.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0631.jpg
    IMAG0631.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG0633.jpg
    IMAG0633.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 144
the grill did the job great at the last plymouth bushy meet :) and im sure it will keep on going for a few years so good job mrGazo

I think you may need a stronger stand for this boiler mate with 14L of water in it it's quite heavy. Maybe Rob could knock up it's own stand for it.

Will be bringing this down on the weekend mate so you can take it with you see what you can do.

Looks like one my dad made me :) but he used 1.1cm thick steel bars for everything, probably because they could burn in the fire?

:goodjob: Hope no one minds me saying but the grill looks like its galvanised, if it is heating galvanised metal releases highly toxic gases which will make you very ill or even kill you (metal fume fever) so just check it's not galvanised before you use it, just to be safe, apart from that looks to be a good job.

No not galvanised and it's been well burnt in now as we been using it for a good while. the top was just painted/powdercoated a green colour. and the frame was just painted by me :)

:goodjob: Hope no one minds me saying but the grill looks like its galvanised, if it is heating galvanised metal releases highly toxic gases which will make you very ill or even kill you (metal fume fever) so just check it's not galvanised before you use it, just to be safe, apart from that looks to be a good job.

its defo all safe as we have been using it for the last three months and we are still here:)

Back