• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Paracord work by Asemery

asemery

Extremely Talkative
Made from stiff (polyester?) 1/2" diameter rope. OD of ball is 2 1/2"

c8IbtkE.jpg

I found the directions for this application of netting in the book "Knots for Beachcombers and Mariners" by Ron Edwards.

5058.jpg

4308.jpg

Very nice would like some hanging of the bathroom ceiling ;)

Paracord Mat Tutorial
Diagram in the IGKT booklet "Nylon Novelties" by Eric Franklin.
4FSKihY.jpg

Bring Working End in loop over Standing End and up to left of SE.
vpzTbFl.jpg

WE goes to right over SE and down under, under
YSjmwks.jpg

WE goes up in loop and under,over, under, over, under
iyEFKlN.jpg

Bring WE up and over, under, over, under, over
hl2sPAO.jpg

then back over, under, over, under, over, under
2FvM20M.jpg

then to right over, under, over, under, over, under
TOHYcjF.jpg

Last pass completes weave
cbgusq8.jpg

Ceiling Fan Pull Extension
The existing chain pull on our ceiling fan is way too short. I made this 4 strand braid to make it easier to use the fan. The loop on the top of the photo slides to snug tightly around the knob at the end of the chain.
ymuGCvO.jpg

Single Strand Ringbolt Hitching
The two ends that meet at completion of the hitching are tied in 4 bight, 3 lead TH knot
iiYzuvt.jpg

I got this idea from a Stormdrane (paracordist extraordinaire) post. I made two lops with a single strand and tied the ends together with a 4 bight, 3 lead TH knot. The loops can be made any size. Here is a wrist size (or belt size). This is a prototype made with the shoelace I always carry with me. The completed lanyard will have the ends trimmed and buried in the knot

LxCPfXn.jpg

single strand lanyard adjustable loops

If the single strand lanyard knot is tied without the overhand knot to lock it in place, the knot will slide on the cord to give adjustable size loops. This works best in natural material such as this cotton sash cord. Paracord and other synthetic material is too slippery for the knot to stay in place. This shows what I think of when I have trouble falling asleep.

4QkoOzZ.jpg

hG8GZh5.jpg

I already found a couple of uses for the sliding loop lanyard. My wife has requests for many more.
Hang brooms by the handle to keep the bristles off the floor and stop them from falling over
wAi2LFh.jpg

Hang a flashlight so you know where it is
LX63Goz.jpg

Beautiful knots Tony, something for me to learn to do this winter

For another approach to the single strand lanyard try
The fiador knot is used to make bridles for horses. It has other uses as well. There is one upper loop and two lower loops that can be made any size. It can be hung from a belt or any appropriate place. The sliding knots I added to the lower example clamp down snugly on flashlight, water bottle, or whatever.

bFMfe9x.jpg

TBwr4Ov.jpg

fiador knot gear carrier tutorial

Back