• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Parkin & Marshall campaign cutlery pocket knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
A rather cool little set of cutlery that looks like a pocket knife right up until you separate the two halves and open them up. Jigged bone outer scales, brass inner scales, nickel silver fork and surgical steel blade on the knife.
These were made in Sheffield and date from before 1852. Sold under the trademark XL ALL

Attachments

• IMG_3744.JPG
    IMG_3744.JPG
    391.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3745.JPG
    IMG_3745.JPG
    347.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3747.JPG
    IMG_3747.JPG
    417.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3748.JPG
    IMG_3748.JPG
    369.9 KB · Views: 88
I'm always out at antique and collectors fairs Teef.....I'm a total addict for old knives.
if you come by one of those again i'd be interested in it (with extra as a finder's fee of course), assuming it wasn't too dear of course. may i ask what you paid for yours?

Well it's for sale on etsy for £60 plus postage but that one is likely to be George IV or very early Victorian, I'm sure that there are more modern and reasonably priced campaign cutlery sets out there. You would probably be better with one produced after 1914 as it would be more likely to be stainless steel.....
However if it's of interest to you I would sell it to you on the forum for £50 inc UK postage (Paypal friends & family)

Very nice 👍🏻 don’t see them every day … I’m almost sure I passed one by at a car boot sale, remember having it in my hand but never bought it👎

thanks for the offer but i gotta pass. Chez Teef is working on a little financial retraint so the kit budget is pretty much on lockdown.

I completely understand, it probably isn't the most practical option and it certainly won't be the cheapest. I'm sure that you'll find the perfect set for you if you keep an eye out for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back