• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Parsnips

divebuddy

Staff member
First dig of this years crop.
DSC_1073.JPG

Can you compost them? Ruddy awful things in my opinion, they’re like celery in so much as if you touch the damn things the stench sticks for days on your hands and you lot are talking about eating them :fedup: Heathens :D;)

Very nice Dick.......there was a time I would not eat them.......enjoy them now though.....aquired taste.

Can you compost them? Ruddy awful things in my opinion, they’re like celery in so much as if you touch the damn things the stench sticks for days on your hands and you lot are talking about eating them :fedup: Heathens :D;)
I'm betting that when you were a young un your mum had to hide your peas under your mashed potato to trick you into eating them. I'm also passionate about the humble sprout.

Sprouts, now you’re talking! I could eat those all day although the wife would probably kill me if I did (that if the fumes didn’t do for her first that is :D) :)

Sprouts and beer have necessitated many a long walk in order to pollute the great outdoors with noxious fumes. Failing that blame the dog. How about sprout tops? They're getting harder to find these days if you don't grow your own, I love em.

Back