• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Paul A Henckel Knife

Joecole

Very Obsessed
20191105_214026.jpg

My little Paul A Henckel knife that I use for wood carving .Not sure how old it is just know its been around for a lot of years

I had one similar to that joe when I was about 8. But the part we’re talking about, it had a little hammer half ball on it.... if I remember rightly it was for cracking shellfish. It was a bit more slimline than yours tho

Very nice Joe........looks well made :thumbsup:

Thought the same as John when I first looked....pipe knife of sorts.
Be interested to see what Mike thinks :)

Mike may be a wile bill.... news just said there’s a very angry man at the doctors in Wales :whistle: man waving a banner that says I WIL NOT PAY ...and he’s nick’edd:lol:

Very nice little knife tho...:D

Lovely little knife Joe :thumbsup:
Thought it was a pipe knife when I first saw it, didnt know you had such things as lobster knives
I'd never heard of a lobster knife until I googled it Jon

If anyone has the answer it'll be him Bill

I'm pretty sure that particular blade is just for cleaning your nails with Joe. The same idea carried over into the officer Swiss Army Knives. I have a German "personal care" tool which has the same design of tool. I'll dig it out and photograph it.
I particularly like the engine turned milling on the stainless steel scales of your knife Joe, it looks to be in great condition. No major scratches and the blades look like they're in pretty original shape. Any estimate of age would just be a wild guess on my part but I'd think it looks at least 50 years old but there were makers doing similar designs to that between the wars.. Did you pick it up on your travels during the time you served?

I'm pretty sure that particular blade is just for cleaning your nails with Joe. The same idea carried over into the officer Swiss Army Knives. I have a German "personal care" tool which has the same design of tool. I'll dig it out and photograph it.
I particularly like the engine turned milling on the stainless steel scales of your knife Joe, it looks to be in great condition. No major scratches and the blades look like they're in pretty original shape. Any estimate of age would just be a wild guess on my part but I'd think it looks at least 50 years old but there were makers doing similar designs to that between the wars.. Did you pick it up on your travels during the time you served?
I found it in a box of junk after Wendy's dad died Mike

Well that lacks the romance of using it to save your own life and the lives of your pals during some swashbuckling adventure in a Cairo brothel...😶

Well that lacks the romance of using it to save your own life and the lives of your pals during some swashbuckling adventure in a Cairo brothel...😶
Sorry mate, it was a Welch place called Towyn where all the action was

Back