• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Paul Short or Nick Gibney contact Information

cactusjack

Slightly Talkative
Hello, I am new to the forum but I like to shoot springers. I have a TX200 MKIII and a HW97kt. They are fairly broken in and but not tuned. I've been on youtube quite a bit and seen the wonders of a Paul Short or Nick Gibney tuning kit. What I haven't seen is ANY contact information for either one. Are they still in business? It seems as though this information is a well guarded secret. Does anybody have their contact information if they are still in business? Thanks.

I see you are from Arizona USA, but find myself asking if you now reside in the UK? Both these tuners you mentioned are based here in the UK, and you usually get their contact details from a owner who has already had work done by them. I'm concerned that if you are based in the USA there maybe issues with sending the rifles action to the UK for tuning, and the same issues returning it across the pond, and I dread to think what shipping costs both way would cost.

I have not had work done Nick Gibney, but my .22 TX200HC Mk3 has recently returned from a stage 3 tune with titanium piston by Paul Short. It is a better rifle for the work done too. No twang, little recoil, so much so when shooting it with a fairly thick jacket on, I felt no recoil at all. Accuracy is on par with its pre-tune status, but is is showing much more tolerance to other brands of pellets, where it would only shoot AADF & AAD Hunters previously. It is harder to cock than the standard rifle.

Working on the assumption that you are located in the USA there are two other options I can suggest. Firstly, TBT drop in tuning kit. They do a kit which contains a new spring (Maxi kit) for those customers living in countries that are not restricted to the UK's 12fpe limit. There are many youtube videos on how to strip your rifle and install these kits. I had one in my 177 TX200, to good effect I might add.

The second option would be to fit a 22mm Tony Leach conversion. As far as I'm concerned this is the bees knees. Simple kit to install, super smooth easy cocking, no twang, just a simple reassuring thwack when fired, no recoil that I can feel, no muzzle flip and very accurate.

@cactusjack if you would like to confirm where you reside, USA or UK, I will contact both Paul Short and Tony Leach and ask for their permission to pass on their contact details.

Hi guys,
Thank you very much for the information. It is very helpful.
Grandadfatboy, I do live in the USA. I have looked at Krale regarding their shipping charges and they do not seem too bad. I am sure that they have a commercial rate with UPS or some other carrier though. At any rate I would love to get the contact information to the above two tuners. The Tony Leach kit seems to be a very reasonable choice.

You would have thought our residint multi linguisticallyness editor would have spotted that, but I guess he's gittin on a bit so we have to give him a easy pass every now and again.

Matron, he's doing it again. 😳
It'll get infected if he keeps doing that. 🙄

Welcome aboard. Why don't you take a moment to introduce yourself in the Welcome section?

I'm sure @grandadfatboy will be along later, if memory serves he's used both of these tuners.
Hi there grandadfatboy
I'm new on here. Shoot n.wales have a few pcp's and looking to put a springer in collection , going back to the old days, looking to buy a hw 97 k in .177
Looked at options for tuneing starting with myself. But looking to get a paul short titanium kit or paul tune it, am struggling to get contact number or address is there a possible chance you can send it me please regards tim

Hi there grandadfatboy
I'm new on here. Shoot n.wales have a few pcp's and looking to put a springer in collection , going back to the old days, looking to buy a hw 97 k in .177
Looked at options for tuneing starting with myself. But looking to get a paul short titanium kit or paul tune it, am struggling to get contact number or address is there a possible chance you can send it me please regards tim
Welcome aboard @Mallet. Why don't you take a moment to introduce yourself in the Welcome section?

Hi guys,
Thank you very much for the information. It is very helpful.
Grandadfatboy, I do live in the USA. I have looked at Krale regarding their shipping charges and they do not seem too bad. I am sure that they have a commercial rate with UPS or some other carrier though. At any rate I would love to get the contact information to the above two tuners. The Tony Leach kit seems to be a very reasonable choice.

You live in the USA?

Ever heard of Vortek?

One of them in a 97 would be sublime. I know I had one in a 77 and I don't live far from the guy who imports them, from the USA!

I'm in a similar boat as the OP. I live in the USA but would like to contact Paul and/or Nick to discuss tuning options for a TX200. Can someone please pass along contact info for these gentleman? Thanks in advance! - Steve

Back