• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

PCP Air Rifles

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Thought I would add a place for us to talk about PCP Air Rifles
What rifles and charging kit do you have..........add some pictures.

Recently got rid of an AA-s200 PCP. Great little Airgun, very accurate etc but a pain in the arse with regards to filling. I carried 2 spare cylinders and to be honest I just found it a hassle. I didn't want to fork out more money on Pumps & diving bottles just to run a 12ft-lb air rifle. I'm looking to get another Springer pretty soon. I used to run a HW-77k and it was superb in every way, heavy yes, but built to last and never ever let me down, cheap to run as replacement springs don't cost the Earth. I'm looking at the Walther-LGU, another company known for great Rifles.

I've got a Brocock .22 PCP, an early one with the wooden stock, not the Contour, the other one..:D To be honest I haven't used it much, it's very accurate and the rotary magazine is handy but I like the heavier weight and even the tiny amount of recoil with my Springers. May be if I used it more often or started target shooting where I could have the air bottle or pump close by, I would get as fond of the Brocock as I am of the older springers.

A use to have a wolverine .22
DA9787B7-29E1-4C03-B854-FFB40BE99689.jpeg

At the moment I have 3 PCP Air Rifles.

An all-time classic B.S.A. Super-ten in .22 flavour tricked out and blueprinted by the man himself.....John Bowkett........about 50 shots per fill.

Also, have a B.S.A. Scultra (a combination of the Ultra and the Scorpion) .22 again tuned and blueprinted by John Bowkett.........40 shots per fill.

The latest addition is the Daystate Pulsar in .25 FAC which has fast become my go-to rifle............80 shots per fill on high setting.

I find filling is only a chore when target shooting on the range for a day.....for hunting I can happily get away with 10/20 shots on most trips.....sometimes a lot less.

Back