• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Pen knife blades.

C57C506E-ABBF-4ACC-9CC1-A2DF59D16BE3.jpeg
857D78A7-1CDC-4C1C-BB62-6F190E5C3902.jpeg

Jjgj

GjgjgggglglgljggjjgjgljlljlggjlllgljgljljgjlgljggjglljgJ
Ljg
Lj
Ggjjgj
Gjjjjjljl
Jjj
Jlgjgjlgljglgjglglljglgjggjgggjljljgljglg
Lj
Gjjgjgjjjgllljjlglljljggg
Jlglljjljljgglglgfjljljgljgjllgljgjgljjjjjggljfgjjjgl
Qjgljjlggjgjgglgjsjjllj
Jl
Fgllgjgfgjlljglgjljl
Jglgllllljj

Jjgj

Ljg
Lj
Ggjjgj
Gjjjjjljl
Jjj
Lj
Qjgljjlggjgjgglgjsjjllj
Jl
Fgllgjgfgjlljglgjljl
Jglgllllljj

Did you fall on your keyboard?:D

Jjgj

Ljg
Lj
Ggjjgj
Gjjjjjljl
Jjj
Lj
Qjgljjlggjgjgglgjsjjllj
Jl
Fgllgjgfgjlljglgjljl
Jglgllllljj
?????????

Jjgj

Ljg
Lj
Ggjjgj
Gjjjjjljl
Jjj
Lj
Qjgljjlggjgjgglgjsjjllj
Jl
Fgllgjgfgjlljglgjljl
Jglgllllljj
Is this like butt dialling but on a forum instead of a phone line?

I was trying to post a reply to ark's first picture and say that I have a knife with the same blades but with an orange plastic handle but other than a vague notion the odd looking blade was related to fishing nets or ropes didn't know for vcerrrtain.

I've carried a pen knife since I was 8 or 9, but most lads did in those days. These days I still carry a folding lock knife - a small two and three quarter inch blade (7cms), though, I leave it at home if I venture out into 'society', and as I live rural, that rarely happens. :thumbsup:

It's a very slim stainless steel gardeners hook-bladed pruning knife that's very comfortable to carry in the pocket.

Here it is; sorry about the crap pics. ;)

SAM_2353.JPG

SAM_2354.JPG

I also have a simple single bladed knife that goes with me at times too. It seems to have been around forever and I think it was my father's . Again it's a victorinox and I've seen them called gardeners knives or twine knives . Like you I tend to leave it at home on some occasions where it might not be deemed " proper" to carry one. On that subject our local pub has what we call picnic clubs on a Sunday evening where several small groups bring in their own food. And along with the food are several knives , none of them folders or legal carrry knives , there are knives to cut cheese , pies and bread and knives to spread pates etc. It's actually quite comforting that it is all regarded as normal and no one bats an eyelid but if we lived in a city there'd probably be a squad car roaring up outside.

On that subject our local pub has what we call picnic clubs on a Sunday evening where several small groups bring in their own food. And along with the food are several knives , none of them folders or legal carrry knives , there are knives to cut cheese , pies and bread and knives to spread pates etc. It's actually quite comforting that it is all regarded as normal and no one bats an eyelid but if we lived in a city there'd probably be a squad car roaring up outside.
Aye, 'tis strange the massive difference between town and country folks - probably because of, as you mentioned, the constant presence of squad cars.

I've spent around 25 years living in towns and cities, but was so glad when I finally left them behind. :cool:

I don’t know whether it’s as bad as people make out in towns. I’m country born and bred and have never given a second thought to knife carry. 10 years’ish ago I remember openly getting out and using the 4 inch locking SAK (that I habitually carried at that time) In a London sushi bar. A few people had a bit of a look but there was no issue or offence taken. I think a lot of it comes down to context, I was respectably dressed with family, I suspect had I looked like a street yob things may have been different. Obviously I’m not suggesting carrying 4 inch lockers around London especially now but I honestly think if you don’t look or act offensively you’re very unlikely to be bothered but saying that I rarely set foot in to civilisation ;)

It depends on how the police are feeling on the day, you may not be prosecuted but if you're reported for/found to be carrying a lock knife or fixed blade without good reason the least you can expect is to have the knife confiscated, good luck getting it back afterward.
For this reason my every day pen knife is a folding Swiss Army knife.

Rob the hoof whistler, I bet many a horse has said" thanks that feels much better getting that stone removed?":lol::lol: '

I see that Army knife is still available for £30. It looks like a very nice new knife with the old twist I like. I don't know if they are well made, but at that price might be worth a punt. The two blades also look as if they made take a good edge, anyone know the blade length?

Rich.

I see that Army knife is still available for £30. It looks like a very nice new knife with the old twist I like. I don't know if they are well made, but at that price might be worth a punt. The two blades also look as if they made take a good edge, anyone know the blade length?

Rich.
3 inches if my memory serves me Rich

Back