• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Petition to BAN disposable BBQs

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
I decided to give this its own thread so it doesn't get lost within another.
Some pretty strong comments and opinions being voiced on the subject of these horrible items and the problems caused by irresponsible non caring proper use and disposal......by many.

If you feel that strongly.....please have a look at the link.

I have signed and made a small contribution to help (voluntary).........anyone else up for it? :thumbsup:

When I first looked at this I thought that it was asking for a total ban. This seemed a bit extreme to me, I have disposable BBQs which I use on a stand in my garden, a total ban would stop me doing this. The petition is for the ban of these BBQs on public land, woodland etc., this would put them in a similar legal category to knives - fine on private land, a no-no elsewhere. This seems fair to me.
index.jpg

It's the old old story unfortunately Paul :(.......a few idiots ruining things for the more responsible users ..........who have a social conscience.
The main problem with this type of BBQs is the fact that they are single use and disposable units and widely available to all from a multitude of outlets.

When you see and hear of the injuries and damage these things can cause....and have caused......it adds justification to the banning.
If they disappeared from sale.....the idiots would have no choice but to buy a cheap and cheerful BBQ and take it home with them to use again.......hopefully :rolleyes:

I do feel sorry for the responsible user's though :(

It's the old old story unfortunately Paul :(.......a few idiots ruining things for the more responsible users
I know it is Bill, the 'few' spoiling it for the 'many'. I wouldn't mind seeing them banned entirely, and the fact that I use them responsibly is irrelevant, a total ban just seems like a very broad brush. Round my way they have had some on the worst fires caused by people using these damned things irresponsibly - Ilkley Moor, Marsden Moor and Saddleworth Moor. I could see the smoke from some of these. So I get just as riled up about what people do with these things as anybody. If they were completely banned I wouldn't cry. I just like the slightly less totalitarian approach that the petition is calling for.

Done!, nice one Bill.
Next job, ban li-lo floating mattresses being sold at sea front shops…bloody dangerous things…

Surely not :eek:......I have always found them such fun targets.....sniping from the sand dunes:whistle:

( before I get a barrage of shite......I am JOKING :rofl: )

I decided to give this its own thread so it doesn't get lost within another.
Some pretty strong comments and opinions being voiced on the subject of these horrible items and the problems caused by irresponsible non caring proper use and disposal......by many.

If you feel that strongly.....please have a look at the link.

I have signed and made a small contribution to help (voluntary).........anyone else up for it? :thumbsup:
Done

It's the old old story unfortunately Paul :(.......a few idiots ruining things for the more responsible users ..........who have a social conscience.
The main problem with this type of BBQs is the fact that they are single use and disposable units and widely available to all from a multitude of outlets.

When you see and hear of the injuries and damage these things can cause....and have caused......it adds justification to the banning.
If they disappeared from sale.....the idiots would have no choice but to buy a cheap and cheerful BBQ and take it home with them to use again.......hopefully :rolleyes:

I do feel sorry for the responsible user's though :(
I saw something on the news the other morning about a young boy who sat on the sand not realising that somebody had disposed of one of those bbq's by chucking a covering of sand over it. The boy is still undergoing treatment for severe burns

Bump.

If you have not signed yet.....please give it some thought.....there is NO obligation to make a donation.......just adding your name will be much appreciated :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Don't underestimate the less cognitive members of our society , they could always just light a campfire or litter the country with all sorts of rubbish.
I'm happy to see a ban too , not just from the safety angle or the littering but also because I find almost any single use item wrong.

Don't underestimate the less cognitive members of our society , they could always just light a campfire or litter the country with all sorts of rubbish.
I'm happy to see a ban too , not just from the safety angle or the littering but also because I find almost any single use item wrong.
Absolutely agree with you there Baytree..

Central England CoOp took the decision to remove these disposable bbq's from the shelves the other day.

Back