• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Petromax fb1

ScottE

Extremely Talkative
Got a brand new one at a snip on eBay, had to give it a go being a confirmed stove-aholic.
Perfect for a day camp with the missus, easy to create a good coal bed so looking forward to a grill up with it.
A well made, carefully thought out, tough little wood stove.
I like it especially for it's ability to be loaded without the grill coming off but retaining a larger base unlike firebox/bushbox style (which I still rate for solo use)
First impressions it's a winner.....
IMG_5192.JPG

Nice stove Scotty.....like that I does.

A neat contained fire that is controlable and could be used with ease under a tarp in the rain:thumbsup:
Like the fire box it probably gives off a nice bit of heat without lighting up the forest and surroundings ;):thumbsup:

Looks a nice little stove and a definite step up from the pocket firebox that you just as well use a bake bean tin lol.

Hey
Got a brand new one at a snip on eBay, had to give it a go being a confirmed stove-aholic.
Perfect for a day camp with the missus, easy to create a good coal bed so looking forward to a grill up with it.
A well made, carefully thought out, tough little wood stove.
I like it especially for it's ability to be loaded without the grill coming off but retaining a larger base unlike firebox/bushbox style (which I still rate for solo use)
First impressions it's a winner.....
View attachment 11602

Just wondering how that stove packs down you got any pictures of it packed away?

Pretty small when packed, an inch thick and obviously the same width and length as when built.

Back