• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Photosynthesis

Shady

Very Addicted
Photosynthesis is probably the most important thing on this planet, without it we cannot live... to learn more please read on....

Photosynthesis is the process that is used by trees to reproduce vital gases. The tree absorbs Carbondioxide (Co2) from the atmosphere and replaces it with oxygen (O)... the more trees there are the better the air quality in that area. Human populations have risen over the years and more cars put into production have increased the levels of CO2 in our atmosphere, which has not helped with the cutting down of trees to make paper. The amount of wasted paper over the years has also increased, however recycled paper is now readily available and used. Hemp paper was used many years ago, but it was expensive to make and in many countries illegal to grow (the american declaration of independance was written on hemp paper), so paper mills popped up during the industrilisation era in human history.

George Stephenson invented a steam powered railroad car (the rocket) which industrialized the way the lumber was moved during the 1800's and many locamotives were built and track all over the world was laid thus the cutting of more trees to make the sleepers (wooden blocks between the tracks)... wooden beams in housing was more cost effective than the steel we see in larger structures but at what price does the human race pay for all of this?? Without trees there would be very little photosynthesis, therefore more carbon and little oxygen.

Water is vital to the tree, it enables the tree to grow, and now i shall explain how photosynthesis is probably the best self feeding system........ in the world!!

The tree takes in CO2 and expels O as i mentioned above, now as we know the rainforest in Brazil for instace is the wettest place on earth, research has shown that without the trees it would just be a desert. The trees emits condensation into the atmosphere, this can easily be found on the leaves especially in the early mornings. The reason for this condensation is due to coldness in the atmosphere during the night that (think about car windows), have you ever noticed too that the air has a fresh smell in the morning as opposed to later in the day?? That is because the tree is working night-shift, taking in carbon all day and emitting oxygen all night.

If you want to ask a question, please feel free and i will try to answer to the best of my ability (i'm no expert i just remember bits of what i was taught at school)

very good post no it all:p take it you just came strate out of oxford:p...na very good post mate something for us all to learn

Very good post Shady!!!. Your school must have been one of those special "Approved" ones.????? Geoff:hp-beer:Great read though!!!!

Back