• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Pier Fishing.

My dad took me fishing off the breakwater in Peterhead a few times when I was a boy.
Tbh I was scared @@@@less walking round the 2 foot narrow and slippy ledge (without a barrier) with the NE wind nearly blowing me off (oi! behave!) with teh rain battering my face and a good 20 feet below to the deep trench of the harbour where oil rigs now come in for repairs.
But we did catch lots of flukes (flounders), poddlies (ling?) and mackarel and I really got to enjoy it.
I'd like to take Daniel on similar expeditions, though maybe not so treacherous. :)

Speaking of which.
This is a photo of the breakwater pier in Peterhead with the boat on which my dad's brother was the engineer. :)

Lunar+Bow+PD265+%25284a%2529.jpg

I usually buy my fish in tins and have no idea about fishing, but my impression is, that such a boat should be better then rods, isn't it?

My dad took me fishing off the breakwater in Peterhead a few times when I was a boy.
Tbh I was scared @@@@less walking round the 2 foot narrow and slippy ledge (without a barrier) with the NE wind nearly blowing me off (oi! behave!) with teh rain battering my face and a good 20 feet below to the deep trench of the harbour where oil rigs now come in for repairs.
But we did catch lots of flukes (flounders), poddlies (ling?) and mackarel and I really got to enjoy it.
I'd like to take Daniel on similar expeditions, though maybe not so treacherous. :)

Happy and scary memories Paul :D

For me it was port Glasgow pier with my dad.... some braw fish caught there Coley’s and COD and pollock with the occasional sea trout. Cracking time

The best fishing place I have seen in my life was at Vestmannaeyjar islands in Iceland.

Next to the end of the waste water pipe of the fish factory the sea contained more fish than water, seriously!

They could catch the fish faster there than I am able to eat peanuts. They used empty hooks and caught one fish per minute!

Easier than picking apples!

Really amazing!

Back