• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
Pigeon Jerky

Recipe Pigeon Jerky

mark_mjs93

Slightly Talkative
mark_mjs93 submitted a new resource:

Pigeon Jerky - Pigeon Jerky Recipe

Ingredients:

• 2 pigeon breasts
  • Various spices if wanted

Method:

Take your pigeon breasts and slice them using your sharpest knife into very thin pieces, this does take practice to get it right so dont be disheartened if the first lot looks a bit squiffy or thick.

Once both breasts are completely sliced up (into thin slices) you can add your spices, the most common ones are spicy ones like chilli...

Read more about this resource...

WARNING WITH BRACES THIS RECIPE SUCKS, i can make it 2 ways.... leather and soft leather... Leather feels like chewing a brick when you have braces on (i discovered the hard way) and soft leather is quite good, vary cooking times and such, as long as its cooked its good to eat... at one point i heard about par boiling it but ill need to look that up to double check because i cant quite remember it.... i used tikka sauce the other day to marinate and its great... magners and pigeon tikka jerky.... mmmmmmm... *drool*

its nice to see summat different done with the stuff we shoot,i'll be trying this one, ta mate. ps you havnt got any different ideas with squirrel do you.cheers DAZ.:)

I do like jerky not seen it done with birds before but reacon you can do it with whatever. Cud be good with tree rat. The only thing I will add is to get jerky to work right you do need a stupidly sharp nice to get it thin enough. Jerky us great for a shoot.

I love the sounds of this!

Can't wait to get my first rifle (and be good enough to hunt pigeon) so I can try this out. I'm sure it'll be the first recipe I try :D

I finally got around to trying this and I love it!

I did two different batches. One coverd in herbs and stuff, and the other was soaked overnight in Worcester sauce and a few other random things. The soaked overnight was much nicer.

I'll certainly be trying this again!

pjerky1.jpg

pjerky2.jpg

pjerky3.jpg

Hats off to you mate !!!!

Thats looks bloomin' hansome! When you get a decent amount any chance you could post me a bit (droolll)

No chance! It's mega tasty, so if I do make loads, I'll be keeping it all for myself ;)

Back