• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Piggy Banks to standby.....

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
JD Sports the owner of Go Outdoors are about to call in the administrators for Go Outdoors which is about to go insolvent. I'm just wondering if there might some kind of closing down sale with a few bargains on offer.

Disclaimer....This has just been announced, so I knew nothing about this when I mentioned Bush Craft shops closing down in an earlier thread...I deny any knowledge, or the placing of spells or jinxes..............:lol:....:lol:

I'm sorry that so many people will be losing their jobs but I never liked that shop and their online customer service was absolutely atrocious. Wasn't that the same company that destroyed Karrimor's reputation?

It's a shame for the employees right enough. I had a feeling that something was brewing with Go Outdoors.
Whenever I buy kit on the Internet I use a Mickey mouse email, purely to avoid all the spam which arrives after the sale. Survey companies, discount offers, Trust Pilot etc: all that goes to my dodgy email, not my proper address.

I check it once in a blue Moon and just delete all the nonsense. I was mildly surprised having bought something off Go Outdoors months ago, long before lock down, that they had have been flooding the email address with offers.
I could understand that after lock down, but during lock down?? Reputable companies like Woodland Tools, sent me an email saying something to the effect...We're closing 'till after lock down, you can order if required and we'll deal with it when we re-open. Not Go Outdoors, they just unloaded must be 25 emails,all price cuts, deals etc:

I suspected they were struggling...Millets, Blacks, JD Sports are all part of a massive combine of money shufflers. Buy companies cheap, sell mediocre kit using good old company names like Karrimor then bin them, when they fail...

Mountain warehouse where really pushy with email offers, their English stores reopened with a 70% off sale, I'll visit them tomorrow in Brecon to see if they have any of their merino wool base layers left. My go to shops in Brecon are Gibb's and Cotswold outdoors.

Karrimor was ruined by sports direct, not JD Sports.

Go outdoors has some pretty good stuff; if they are closing and having a fire sale their calibre bossnut full suspension mountain bike is a high spec at a bargain price!

Reactions: Bam
Back