• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Pilgrim's progress.

saxonaxe

Very Addicted
A beautiful sunny day, mild and windless, so a trial totter down the lane at the back of my cottage.

DSCF6561.JPG

The ground is fairly flat but naturally feels entirely different from the carpet at home where most of my walking practice takes place. Just using one walking stick now, so I avoided the mossy strip up the centre of the lane and headed towards the target...the sunny section in the distance.

This is Winter Heliotrope, in a garden it can become an invasive weed, but in the wild it's ground cover that likes damp areas and the flower spikes show in warm sunny spots when most wild flowers are still tucked up for winter. It grows in profusion at the edges of the lane.
DSCF6562.JPG

DSCF6563.JPG

Close up the flower spikes have a pleasant Vanilla like smell.

Now I have to walk all the way home again! Probably only about 1/2 mile round trip but it sure seems a long way. Beats 20 times around the sitting room though... 😊

DSCF6564.JPG

As you say, beats the sitting room.... glad to see you out and about sax, am going to agree with the above statements tho 😁 slow and steady..

how was the knees after the walk ?

Happy days .... sounds to me, we should be taking advice from you sax lol not the other way around.... from the first pictures you posted of your knees, and now this! It’s a bloody short time and bloody fast healing 👍🏻

A beautiful sunny day, mild and windless, so a trial totter down the lane at the back of my cottage.

View attachment 29944

The ground is fairly flat but naturally feels entirely different from the carpet at home where most of my walking practice takes place. Just using one walking stick now, so I avoided the mossy strip up the centre of the lane and headed towards the target...the sunny section in the distance.

This is Winter Heliotrope, in a garden it can become an invasive weed, but in the wild it's ground cover that likes damp areas and the flower spikes show in warm sunny spots when most wild flowers are still tucked up for winter. It grows in profusion at the edges of the lane.
View attachment 29945

View attachment 29946

Close up the flower spikes have a pleasant Vanilla like smell.

Now I have to walk all the way home again! Probably only about 1/2 mile round trip but it sure seems a long way. Beats 20 times around the sitting room though... 😊

View attachment 29947
A little at a time Sax

Sax

You are a great observer and story teller. I bet you could fascinate us with an account of 20 laps of your sitting room. But your laneway looks wonderful. You are fortunate to have nature on your doorstep.

Better still glad to see you out and about again after the recent tumble. And happy to be enjoying your insights into the English countryside over my morning cuppa.

Alan

Back