• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Pillows- Sea to Summit Aeros Premium inflatable (large)

lol

Extremely Addicted
I must be getting soft....never saw the point of pillows: another thing to carry, use a clothes bag, rucksack, dog....whatever. Anyway, lilo type bags weren't comfortable, were sweaty, squeaky and leaked. Often all 4 simultaneously..............
Then I realised I was never really comfortable, and that these things can pack tiny and weigh next to nothing................

And, in the case of the thing listed above...............Aaaaaaaamazingly comfortable!!:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::lol:

(In case anyone like me, still doesn't realise, and is out there..........)

I roll my Down filled jacket up, fold my Shemagh in half and wrap the jacket up in it. Feather pillow, washable pillow case. :thumbsup:

I used to think "why bother with a pillow" and just used whatever was to hand. I still do as well, using the same idea as Sax, I usually have a shemagh with me and will add the 'whatever' to my wee pillow and wrap them together but there has been the odd time when I've had to use the spare cloths or whatever and a rolled up fouly is crap so I take a wee inflatable one. It does make a difference and for the size and weight, I don't grudge it. Certainly in the summer months I'd rather have a pillow than a sleeping bag for doing short trips, a night or two as I'm happy enough kipping in my clothes like the tinker I am. :oopsy:

I must be getting soft....never saw the point of pillows: another thing to carry, use a clothes bag, rucksack, dog....whatever. Anyway, lilo type bags weren't comfortable, were sweaty, squeaky and leaked. Often all 4 simultaneously..............
Then I realised I was never really comfortable, and that these things can pack tiny and weigh next to nothing................

And, in the case of the thing listed above...............Aaaaaaaamazingly comfortable!!:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::lol:

(In case anyone like me, still doesn't realise, and is out there..........)

Similar offerings from Trekology and Jokel ... both worth a look ....

Reactions: Bam
I roll my Down filled jacket up, fold my Shemagh in half and wrap the jacket up in it. Feather pillow, washable pillow case. :thumbsup:
Down jacket/shemagh??? Not in the canoe, I'm afraid!!:thumbsup:

Down jacket/shemagh??? Not in the canoe, I'm afraid!!:thumbsup:

You can use a shemagh or 'sweat rag' to rap all sorts of stuff together, they dry out quick too. I get what you're saying about a down jacket though.

Reactions: lol
Back