• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Places to shoot in west midlands

sniper09

Very Talkative
Hi everyone !!!

I was just woundering if anyone knows of anyware to shoot in the west midlands area. sort of like a shooting range or something lkike that,

Im finding it hard being new to air rifles. i dont realy know were to look so any advise from you guys would be great

Thanks for your time Chris.:D

lol theres an abandoned army shooting range that me and my friends came accross years ago hidden away at the back of the wrekin in telford (shropshire) haha or so im told it was used by the army. but seriously i dont know of any clubs or open ranges to me either, just my shoot and that isnt that big so i wouldnt mind being told of shooting ranges or clubs near telford if any one knows any lol, thanks

Spoilt for choice in the west midlands.... Penkride, Millride, Cross guns, Harriers to name a few.
Personally i dont think you can beat Furnace mill which is located on the Bridgnorth side of Dudley. It has a plinking range of 55yards and a great 30 target HFT course.
Furnace mill is a well established fishery but recently ventured into the shooting side of things (Oct 2008) and believe me, they have got things just about right.

harvey1972 said:
Spoilt for choice in the west midlands.... Penkride, Millride, Cross guns, Harriers to name a few.
Personally i dont think you can beat Furnace mill which is located on the Bridgnorth side of Dudley. It has a plinking range of 55yards and a great 30 target HFT course.
Furnace mill is a well established fishery but recently ventured into the shooting side of things (Oct 2008) and believe me, they have got things just about right.

Is Furnace indoors? Hockley has a shooting club which has a 50 yard indoor range and a 20 yards indoor range.

Furnace Mill fishery, if that's the one I'm thinking of It's outside Bewdley.
Cross Guns at Kinver, used to shoot clays there years ago & heard the air side of things are good.
Mustow Green & Stourport has a w/end shoot.
Stourport pistol & rifle range, for powder shooters but many take an air rifle.
There's also Bell Target in Dunley or close by.
Spoilt for choice this end.
Many the other side as well.
Phone DAI up for some phone no's or google.

Hi guys

Harvey1972 that furnace hill place sound great were abouts is it do you have directions or ???

Also i use to go to mill ride with my dad alot shooting clays and the Cross my dads realy good freinds with terry the guy who runs it. Iv heard about mill ride a wile ago but im not sure what sort of range they have there i can remember a great big hole were you go down were the skeet ranges are so weather they have something on down there i dont know.

Does that furnace hill have other shooters there regulay so i could maybe get some help or ???

gunviderER

ill defo keep those places in mind cous they are are all quite local to me so thats great thanks for that.

Maybe we should all meet up and you can all show me how its done lol

Thats great info guys thats a masive help thankyou

Ryan... Furnace mill is only about 40 mins from you.

Sniper... Directions are here (copied directly from their site)
HOW TO FIND US:

From Kidderminster: take the A456 heading towards Leominster. At Callow Hill turn right onto the A4117 (see brown tourism sign) towards Cleobury Mortimer. At Far Forest take the 3rd road on the right after The Plough Public House and follow the signs.

From Bridgnorth: take the B4363 heading towards Cleobury Mortimer. At Kinlet turn left by the Eagle and Serpent Public House (see brown tourism sign). At the T-junction turn left and then 1st right. Follow signs to Sturt Common. At the bottom of the hill turn right and follow the signs.

We are approximately 50 minutes from Birmingham, 15 minutes from Kidderminster, 10 minutes from Bewdley and 20 minutes from Bridgnorth

Post code... DY14 8NR

As for having regular shooters, Yes it does. There is often the same faces there week in week out and new faces turning up every now and then.
Get yourselfs there and give it a go.
If you goggle "Furnace mill" and follow the HFT link that will give yo all the info you need.

Hope to see ya there.:)

Thats great harvey.

ill check the site out and take a look.

I might take a ride over there this weekend :) . maybe ill see you down there on of the days. you cant miss me i drive a white transit vanb with plumbtek all over it LOL. so if you see it you will know its me.

hmm thank you for pointing that out, ive noted there number and im going to call them tomorow thanks harvey

Your welcome guys. If you get there just ask Ed or Jane to point me out and come over and say hi. I'm there at least once every weekend and quite often both sat and sun. (Have even managed a couple of 3 day weekends, Fri/sat and sun):D

Hi I am also struggling to find some where I can go with my air rifle, I'm after permission to go on farms and stuff like that if anyone knows anywhere in Newport or Telford area!

Thanks in advance

Hi I am also struggling to find some where I can go with my air rifle, I'm after permission to go on farms and stuff like that if anyone knows anywhere in Newport or Telford area!

Thanks in advance

See our replies to your posts elsewhere. You need to read the advice available, then get out and find yourself a permission. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch -- you'll have to work for it.

Gun your spot on mate and all in your list i know of all but one ,the Dunly Bell .The F/mill is fine if you want to shoot field target .You wont get a seat in the plinking range . This place gets very chocka block most times.

lol theres an abandoned army shooting range that me and my friends came accross years ago hidden away at the back of the wrekin in telford (shropshire) haha or so im told it was used by the army. but seriously i dont know of any clubs or open ranges to me either, just my shoot and that isnt that big so i wouldnt mind being told of shooting ranges or clubs near telford if any one knows any lol, thanks
Wow I remember the old Wrekin range, we used to shoot there as cadets when I was a lot younger :) when we couldn't get on the Cannock ranges.

There was a public road running through the middle of it so when you shot from the longer ranges, you had to post sentries and close the road to traffic while the shooting went on. Also one of the danger flags was at the top of the Wrekin, a right treck to go and put it up and take it down.

I used to work for wrekin construction...had a big job up in chorley years ago

Back