• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Plant ID help please

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Hi folks, went to base camp a couple of days ago, and spotted this plant in some boggy ground. It's massive leaves are at least 18 inches maybe even 2 foot long by about 8 inch wide. Any ideas?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It could be a type of Gunnera Jon which should bear red flowers but don't quote me on it

I would have liked to see it when it was flowering but a wild guess is that it would possibly be a be naturalised Philodendron.
No, forget that...it's not a philodendron. The flower is totally wrong.

Last edited:
Looks like Arum Maculatum (cuckoo Pint- just making sure. the stalk produces Red Berries---poisonous--
The two flower stalks lead to believe it is NOT cuckoo pint.

Going by the description and leaf size Boogie its not cukoo pint
I wonder if it is a colonising plant from elsewhere.
Hi folks, went to base camp a couple of days ago, and spotted this plant in some boggy ground. It's massive leaves are at least 18 inches maybe even 2 foot long by about 8 inch wide. Any ideas?
View attachment 9890View attachment 9891
Is there any chance you could get back later to take a photo of the Flowering spike?

Back