• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Planter for a neighbour.

divebuddy

Staff member
I was asked by my neighbour if I could construct a planter from wood left over from a building project. I think it is ok.
IMG_20210331_200258_BURST002.jpg

Can’t really see but I’d recommend a brace cross ways under the centre; when filled with earth and wet there’s a lot of weight in them; I had to repair some my FIL made which were t braced and it’s a lot easier to do before it gets filled!

Thanks for the info but the legs are 3inch square fence posts and the sides/ends are jointed onto the legs. I gave supports some thought but decided to go without. Time will tell! 😄👍

Sure it will be fine; the ones the FIL made bowed in the middle because of the length of them which put pressure on the fixings; he used nails when screws would have been stronger.

Back