• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Planting 2022!

Emptied the compost today. Three good barrow loads. One shown in picture. One load for the runner bean trench and two for the garden.
IMG_20220416_114232.jpg

My wife does the gardening and greenhouse, I do construction and lifting. She sows her own tomato seed saved from previous year and this year is mostly Black Cherry as they are our favourites plus a couple of cucumber plants. I built the pea frame yesterday and two rows of Alderman or Telefon peas are now in (they grow to 6ft and crop well) She grows some Kale in a brassica cage made of scaffold netting and plastic pipe to protect it and she has a few spuds growing in containers along with a few courgette plants. There's always lettuce growing somewhere as well.

Beetroot, peas and potatoes just showing through. No sign of parsnips but they do take a bit longer. Runner beans, cucumber and courgettes through in pots in greenhouse. Tomatoes planted. Fingers crossed for no more frost.

Sharon is just starting out with a few veg at the moment, I’m full of support for her and encouraging her all the way, however 😂 I hope she proves me wrong 🤔

We got a little greenhouse to start with, will upgrade and add runners for beans somewhere in the garden and two little’ish beds at some point, I don’t want to overwhelm the poor lass lol
49449B2B-8868-4890-98E8-9B28F8DFE725.jpeg
5BAFB60D-341A-476B-BC08-9C7A50D0CE03.jpeg

There corn and tomato’s , spring onions and carrots

Very nice 👌
We’re having trouble with lettuce and the cucumber and peppers and tomatoes lol but the corn and spring onions are growing well … help !!
Mark only water your cucumbers once a week as regards everything else do not over water them

Back