• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Planting 2022!

I don't know how big your tomato plants or how big the grow pots are but they should be in a minimum of a 9 inch pot and reduce your watering by about half

Is that 9 inch pots from seed joe ? There in 2 inch square grow trays at the moment and Iโ€™ve been watering them every second day ..

Mark only water your cucumbers once a week as regards everything else do not over water them

My wife grows them on a self watering mat so they get water from the bottom up and don't get the stems too wet as they are prone to rotting and they die at the drop of a hat

Is that 9 inch pots from seed joe ? There in 2 inch square grow trays at the moment and Iโ€™ve been watering them every second day ..
No Mark they'll transplant into large pots without any problems, when transplanting always handle them by the leaves never the stems. I use a sharpened lolly stick to loosen them from the grow pot but anything similar will do. Leave as much compost as possible round the root ball and about half hour before transplanting give the peat/compost in the big pots a good soak
My wife grows them on a self watering mat so they get water from the bottom up and don't get the stems too wet as they are prone to rotting and they die at the drop of a hat
Yes, more people kill their plants by over watering than anything else

No Mark they'll transplant into large pots without any problems, when transplanting always handle them by the leaves never the stems. I use a sharpened lolly stick to loosen them from the grow pot but anything similar will do. Leave as much compost as possible round the root ball and about half hour before transplanting give the peat/compost in the big pots a good soak

Yes, more people kill their plants by over watering than anything else

Much appreciated joe ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

We got 106 courgettes of of 3 plants last year, we learnt not to plant so many after the first year :p
Marrows can be the same, if your not careful they can be like Triffids and take over everything

Carrots and spring onion sprouts planted into a large pot
BA058FED-EE07-4E88-AB70-B737B4AA5EBD.jpeg

Any advice on what to use for bugs in the greenhouse??
Yes mate go to any garden and ask for a smoke bomb for the green house. Place on a piece of tile on the floor of the greenhouse light the touch paper and close the door up and leave it for about 12 hours. If you get aphids or rather when you get them the best cure is to plant French Marigolds in your greenhouse. With what you have 2 of 3 plants will be more than enough

Yes mate go to any garden and ask for a smoke bomb for the green house. Place on a piece of tile on the floor of the greenhouse light the touch paper and close the door up and leave it for about 12 hours. If you get aphids or rather when you get them the best cure is to plant French Marigolds in your greenhouse. With what you have 2 of 3 plants will be more than enough

A smoke bomb ๐Ÿ˜ now gardening is getting fun ๐Ÿคฉ

Will look into the French marigolds ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Unless you mean the gloves , then no way ๐Ÿ˜‚

A smoke bomb ๐Ÿ˜ now gardening is getting fun ๐Ÿคฉ

Will look into the French marigolds ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Unless you mean the gloves , then no way ๐Ÿ˜‚
Yes but not the sort of smoke you'll want to breath in, Marigolds (Plants) have been used for years as a natural pest control. When it gets a bit warmer get the kids to catch some ladybirds to put in the greenhouse

Back