• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Poor Old Mollie Dog

Joecole

Very Obsessed
For those that don't know Mollie is my 12 year old Patterdale who's already past her sell by date. Well the last few days she hasn't been to good, a lot of pain when eating and virtually unable to chew properly and with a really foul breath so today we got her to the vet. End result she had a large abcess in the back of her jaw which had burst and left a large hole hence the smell. Now the poor old girl has to go back for some major dental work including several extractions so I want a sympathetic sigh from all of you.

Patterdales are tough cookies. Give her a pat from me. Baxter, my patterdale, sends his regards.
Thanks Dick yes they are tough and she hasn't cost me much over 12 years mind you today £150 for consultation antibiotics and a blood test so god knows how much the rest will cost but she's worth it

Poor old Mollie girl :( at least you know about it now Joe and why she has been having problems:thumbsup:

She will be fine in a week or two:)

Your wallet, however, may take a bit longer to heal:D

Poor old Mollie girl :( at least you know about it now Joe and why she has been having problems:thumbsup:

She will be fine in a week or two:)

Your wallet, however, may take a bit longer to heal:D
Morning Bill, yep the wallets defo going to take a big hit:poo:

Good move getting her teeth sorted joe, she was probably in pain and untreated tooth decay will eventually lead to other blood infections and disease all eventually fatal ;)

Good move getting her teeth sorted joe, she was probably in pain and untreated tooth decay will eventually lead to other blood infections and disease all eventually fatal ;)
The reason I took her to the vet Lee was because she started screaming while trying to eat. one abcess had burst and the vet found another one under a tooth today

Back