• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Poorman's Wood, Llandovery

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Decided to head home for a wild camp at Poorman's wood Llandovery. Was my late dads favourite place, set up for the night. Was worth the 30 mile cycle to my hometown. Open hammock tonight, cuppa, scran then bed
WP_20180624_20_58_36_Pro.jpg

Is the woodland generally looked after and respected by those who use it? and what type of trees is the woodland made up of?

Wish we had more trees on Portland:)

Is the woodland generally looked after and respected by those who use it? and what type of trees is the woodland made up of?

Wish we had more trees on Portland:)
its looked after by www.tircoed.org.uk. It's relatively well maintained. No one really comes here as for reapect. Years ago was well visited but the village is a ghost town now.Sessile and turkey oak, ash, hazel, wild service, holly, bilberry, lots of fungi and edible plants. Full of wildlife, fox, badger, rabbit, owls, bats, woodpecker, dormice, its a real haven. River bran approx 200mts away for water, which is my next stop, wild swimming!

There is another nice spot South East of there around the Usk reservoir. It's possible to travel between these sites by foot in less then a day. The woodland around trecastle is all ancient mossy mixed deciduous, mainly oak.
If you're walking in this area be a little careful not to stray onto the ranges of Sennybridge or the Epynt.

Had my wild swim and a bath! Needed it, absolutely roasting! Bath off camera, don't think anyone would enjoy watching me scrub my goolies! 😂

Back