• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Portable Stainless Steel Foldable Barbecue

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
Anyone tried one of these?

Outdoor Fire Pit Portable Stainless Steel Foldable Barbecue Supplies for Outdoor 190033584247 | eBay 16 quid on fleabay

I can't imagine it'd last very long though.

product-image-799526294_1024x1024@2x.jpg

That seems to be exactly the sort of trap I love to step in:

I know that will not last very long.
I think about.
I guess, that the NASA is using such mesh.
I buy it.
I try it.
I break it immediately.

I understand that the stuff doesn't come from the NASA...

Unfortunately there had been a few exceptions from this pattern, like titanium mugs, Goretex fabrics and ultra light high quality siliconised nylon fabrics, or my new smart phone, that allows me to speak SMS instead of writing them.

Somehow I get sometimes the impression to live in a science fiction film. But it is reality.

But often enough it's just bullshit, like the winter proof banana trees my brother - a studied agrar scientist - bought some years ago for a few € in a garden centre in Berlin and planted them in our garden.

It was the autumn before we got the coldest winter in the last decades. We got several weeks -20*C the day and -25*C during the nights...

Yes, this bananas are surely winter proof.
In Africa, in Brasilia, and perhaps in Sicilia too!

Thought about this also Paul.... it looks brilliant but also looks like it will melt... :)

Yea, I know. It doesn't list the weight but its got to be lighter than the 2kg folding fire pit. May be of use to someone for an occasional lightweight hike.

Yea, I know. It doesn't list the weight but its got to be lighter than the 2kg folding fire pit. May be of use to someone for an occasional lightweight hike.

That's how I'd see it too. It's a great idea though. I've got a folding jobbie that I use as a table as well as a bbq.:) Love multiuse items.:D

That's how I'd see it too. It's a great idea though. I've got a folding jobbie that I use as a table as well as a bbq.:) Love multiuse items.:D

shocked.gif

You lived in Scotland long enough to know what a jobbie is.....

Shame on the rest of the 'sweaty socks' for not flagging this sooner. :lol:

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to the difference between a wee jobbie, a jobbie and a big jobbie? Is the difference incremental or is it the exact opposite of incremental, excremental?

Perhaps you could enlighten me as to the difference between a wee jobbie, a jobbie and a big jobbie? Is the difference incremental or is it the exact opposite of incremental, excremental?

You strike me as a bach who kens your keech's. ;)

Ok, I've not seen one of these up close but my guess is that the first fire will alter the nature of the steel mesh, even stainless will discolour and rust after it's been in a fire.
I'd like to be proved wrong because it looks like a cool bit of kit.

NASA or not NASA? That is the question!

The best is to buy one for the next meeting.
Probably everybody looses 2 £ and we know it.
Should it be ok, G1ZmO can keep it, because he found it.

Found a wee YT review but it doesnt cover long term use

Not to bad. Aesthetically pleasing but I would put any pots or kettles on it. Aye Paul it would make a nice seat Mucker :sneaky: warm the chorus and verse up nicely :lol:

Was it just me or did the guy look a little creepy at the start of the vid playing with his knife :eek:

NASA or not NASA? That is the question!

The best is to buy one for the next meeting.
Probably everybody looses 2 £ and we know it.
Should it be ok, G1ZmO can keep it, because he found it.
Considering it's made in China I doubt is NASA technology or materials

SHENZHEN HEIHU TECHNOLOGY CO LTD
Hualan Lv
深圳市龙岗区坂田街道布龙公路里浦街7-1号四楼406
518129 深圳, 廣東省
China
Phone:13751014874
Email:[email protected]

Last edited:
Back