• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Pot Noodles

These are way ahead of pot noodles, from Chinese cash and carry around 90p when brought in multi packs, they contain 3 sachets: flavouring/stock, spice and dried veg.

View attachment 10566

Spicy seafood 89p and gotta be my fav noodle ;)

image.jpeg

Very tasty especially the duck and various spicy ones, I find the pot noodles have a cardboard taste

You can't with the pot noodles the powder is already in the pot, that's why I like the Chinese ones it's all in separate sachets, the meat ones have a separate sachets with paste stock and fat.

You can't with the pot noodles the powder is already in the pot, that's why I like the Chinese ones it's all in separate sachets, the meat ones have a separate sachets with paste stock and fat.
Agreed pot noodles are pre flavoured, I was referring to plain noodles

I do buy the big pack of plain noodles from the cash and carry although have run out now

Joe,
In the '70's I used to regularly eat the Pot Rice - Beef Risotto flavor, then I was posted out to Germany, on my return they seemed to have disappeared, and I've not seen them since. I then tried all the Pot Noodles in the local shops, but I would not eat them voluntarily. I must have weird taste buds.

Joe,
In the '70's I used to regularly eat the Pot Rice - Beef Risotto flavor, then I was posted out to Germany, on my return they seemed to have disappeared, and I've not seen them since. I then tried all the Pot Noodles in the local shops, but I would not eat them voluntarily. I must have weird taste buds.
I agree about the taste Bob but I usually shove in some lime pickle or mango and chilli chutney

If I'm honest I just walk down a shops aisle and pick (and buy!) what I fancy to eat, normal foods so it's in tins or packets.

If I'm honest I just walk down a shops aisle and pick (and buy!) what I fancy to eat, normal foods so it's in tins or packets.
I usually do the same these days because I don't walk in with a pack much these days

Back