• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Poundland bushy bits

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
They have a few things in Poundland that might come in handy

150cm bungee cords with a carabina on each end.
Knife, fork and spoon sets that slots together
Aluminium drinks bottle with carabina
10L stuff sacks
Tin enamel cups, plates etc

Might have to pop down to my local store and see what they've got, thanks for the heads up;)

bought 2 x emgy foil wotsits last week, and a folding saw,

but made a tw** of meself when i asked the girl how much they were...........she said .......a pound:eek:

I got a poundland folding saw, it is a wee bit flimsy, but seems to do the job.

I have shed loads of their kit bags which are very handy, a couple of their emergency shelters (which are basically cheapo tarps) and various other bits and bobs. I think their little camping/outdoor range is ideal for cheapo spares and always a pound (or several) well spent :D

Did see the tarps but they looked just like a cheap thin plastic sheet, but I guess in an emergency and for a pound you cant go wrong.
I bought one of the alley water bottles which are strong but super light weight, should come in handy.

I wouldn't use the emergency shelter to sleep under, but they are handy to set up next to your tent and cook under or if on a wander, to sit under and make a brew out of the rain.

They did a water carrier last year that was really good, oval shaped, articulated folds, decent tap and reusable. An absolute bargain (They also did a hard plastic one, okay to hold water, but useless when empty as it didn't compact down too well).

Last edited:
They also sell cord similar to paracord... you get a decent amount for a quid. Probably not the best of quality, but ideal for keeping in the car or experimenting with lanyards, etc.

Yeah they got them mate, I went in on Monday and got another stuff sack.

They have loads of bungees, but they come in different lengths. I got a couple last year, one was really long and could be used to secure stuff on a roof rack, the other was less than half the length and wasn't really good for anything.

Might be an idea to check the lengths before you buy them.

They have also added a few bits to their range and you can now get a half decent collapsible LED lantern (I got two) and rectangular mesh bags (I got two of these too, but other than adapting them as makeshift tent pockets, I think they might be a waste of £2)

had a look at the bungees in my local shop look a tad small for what im after so went next door to the caracamp shop and they sell them for £1,35 and they are the big ones:D..so i,ll be getting a few of them next week along with some good quality tent pegs at 50p each

I wouldn't touch bungees if you paid me, they should be banned.
I know two people who have had eye injuries from them, one lost their eye the other had to wear a patch for years and finally had surgery to sort it bit it still isn't right and never will be. I have also heard of others who have lost eyes or had eye injuries. I would always use straps or ropes myself, you guys can do what you want but don't say you haven't been warned;)

More poundland bargains
Small first aid kit (every kit should have one)

20120405_105028.jpg

In the bag you get Non-woven pads, cotton on a roll, tweezers, alcohol pad, povidone-lodine pad, prep pad, antiseptic swab, gauze, 10 x plasters, scissors, and tape.
Also has plenty more room in the bag if you want to add more.

Attachments

• 20120405_105028.jpg
    20120405_105028.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 144
good find mate ....dont forget a tube of super glue.....its ideal for glueing cuts together

good find mate ....dont forget a tube of super glue.....its ideal for glueing cuts together
Yeah you can get them in a ten pack for a £1 :) have a few here so will add one

And a little tub of gunpowder to cauterise wounds in case you make a mistake with an axe ;)

Yeah you can get them in a ten pack for a £1 :) have a few here so will add one

Careful as cheap superglue is a serious irritant in a wound, it burns, oh how it burns ;)

It'll work though. :)

Far better to source a tube a medical grade stuff. Its more or less the same, but without the irritation/burning. :)

Back