• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Powdered milk .....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Got this online
32g mixed with 225 ml of water gives 250g of full fat milk . Initial testing shows it mixes well ( without lumps) tastes ok too . I’ve just got some chilling in the fridge .

Could be a useful addition to camp diet
099A5EE7-8254-48BB-8E99-975F3BA1FA67.jpeg

Often thought about it never tried though, will await your outcome, my bought dehydrated pasta's call foe x amount of water and milk but I just use water, may make them taste better with this, not that they taste bad as they are though.

I've used it for years, its the best dried milk you can get. You'll often find it in Asian supermarkets.

Is this like "Coffee-mate" whereas you can just spoon the powder directly into your drink to acquired taste?

Add powdered or make up into actuall milk ! I normally have skimmed . When I made some up according to instructions it was definitely full fat milk ( I might make weaker in future to suit my own tastes ) . Taste wise I think it resembles the old “sterilised “ milk of my childhood . It’s drinkable and if you love me cereal when on trips it’s light and easy to make . In my view worth having as an option .

Please do not take it personally as I do not mean it this way: But why would one support that conglomerate, given their extremely nature-destroying conduct as well as their insane intentions to privatise water resources? Not to talk about all the other animal cruelty and human abuse they are involved with. Nestle and being an outdoor-lover, in my opinion, really just don't go together.

As complaining alone does not really help, of course: Did you think about buying Campina? They are regional producers from the Fryslan province here:

Albert Heijn

I am not sure if they do export to the UK, but they are active in France, Belgium, Germany and Austria. So I guess they might ship worldwide. Actually their products also taste pretty nice. And the milk as such is a Dutch (or then Frisian) regional product.

Please don't take this personally either but I don't give a Scheiße, its good dried milk, the best of all the dried milks IMHO

Please do not take it personally as I do not mean it this way: But why would one support that conglomerate, given their extremely nature-destroying conduct as well as their insane intentions to privatise water resources? Not to talk about all the other animal cruelty and human abuse they are involved with. Nestle and being an outdoor-lover, in my opinion, really just don't go together.

As complaining alone does not really help, of course: Did you think about buying Campina? They are regional producers from the Fryslan province here:

Albert Heijn

I am not sure if they do export to the UK, but they are active in France, Belgium, Germany and Austria. So I guess they might ship worldwide. Actually their products also taste pretty nice. And the milk as such is a Dutch (or then Frisian) regional product.

Thanks for your comment ,I try not to mix my milk with politics.....

Back