• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

power bank solar pad/phone charger

nedbushcrafter

Very Addicted
$_57.JPG
hiya guys ive just ordered one of these today had my phone die on me the other day and so reluctantly bought this 10000mah power bank solar charger ill do a video revue of this when it comes it cost £12 but the write up on it was pretty good but as we all know the proofs in using it for yourself, i was wondering if you guys have had any experience with anything similar to this id appreciate your input

View attachment 6364 hiya guys ive just ordered one of these today had my phone die on me the other day and so reluctantly bought this 10000mah power bank solar charger ill do a video revue of this when it comes it cost £12 but the write up on it was pretty good but as we all know the proofs in using it for yourself, i was wondering if you guys have had any experience with anything similar to this id appreciate your input
Looks interesting Ned, I'd like to see the results of an extended test something like a week. I use a rechargeable system and can fully recharge my phone twice. I do have a power save system on my phone however whereby I can get about 4x the normal usage out of one charge

one of the reasons i chose this it means i can edit my videos on my pad out in the field as it were if im away from home for more than a day or so

one of the reasons i chose this it means i can edit my videos on my pad out in the field as it were if im away from home for more than a day or so
Question Ned do you do your videos on your phone or are you using a camcorder?

i use a hd cam corder but i remove the memory card and put it straight into my pad i use a anrnova 9g3 pad they have the full facility for memory card via my little card reader via usb one of the other reasons i chose this because its supposed to good for charging a pad too

i use a hd cam corder but i remove the memory card and put it straight into my pad i use a anrnova 9g3 pad they have the full facility for memory card via my little card reader via usb one of the other reasons i chose this because its supposed to good for charging a pad too
Mines a little JVC although I do have a back up that takes a 2 inch did

well when it comes joe ill give it a video test and see if it does the job Ive always been dubious about new tech stuff one good thing this is also waterproof as well so thats a bonus

It's something on my hit list, a means of recharging gear, it's down to solar, heat exchanging pan or powerpack, has anyone used the pan type ?

ive seen the pan type but they are a bit out of my price range seen a rocket stove with a usb too but i dont like that idea

ive seen the pan type but they are a bit out of my price range seen a rocket stove with a usb too but i dont like that idea

Yes the pans are pricey, but would be worth that if on an extended trip imho ?
I reckon a rocker stove would kill your power pack faster than it could recharge

I don't like the stove, the fire type is too small and fiddly to keep going by the looks of it ?

It's something on my hit list, a means of recharging gear, it's down to solar, heat exchanging pan or powerpack, has anyone used the pan type ?

I think the general consensus is that although they do work they are not very efficient. You would need o have the fire lit for a very long time to get the recharge needed.

I have a little battery pack for my phone and I'll get 3 full charges from it.
For recharging that or the phone directly whilst off grid I'd be looking at flexible solar power panels.

I bought a phone charger a couple of years ago, plugs into the cigarette lighter in the car, cost me £6, never had to use it yet, that's about as far as my technical knowledge goes:lol:

I've had a few over the years none really worked good even the power monkey and explorer i recently brought a 7700 mah power bank its a gen 7700 with 2 x 3500 mah 18650 batteries inside it wasn't cheap about £49 i think but good batteries arnt cheap it keeps my phone going for a week and the size of a pack of 10 cigs charges by USB has 1 and 2 amp usb output

I've had a few over the years none really worked good even the power monkey and explorer i recently brought a 7700 mah power bank its a gen 7700 with 2 x 3500 mah 18650 batteries inside it wasn't cheap about £49 i think but good batteries arnt cheap it keeps my phone going for a week and the size of a pack of 10 cigs charges by USB has 1 and 2 amp usb output

I like the sound of that, you got a link please ?

49 squids out of my range I only want it for if I'm out in the woods and to recharge my pad and phone I'll give this one a go I've ordered

Back